• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Mill/Drill VFD vs. RPM Question

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
I’m about 95% completed with configuring my RF30 mill drill. It has a three-pulley twelve-speed setup, with a 1725 rpm single-phase 2 hp motor.

My intent is to replace the existing motor with a 2 hp three-phase 220 volt motor and a 2 kw vfd.

My question is, assuming I’ll likely try to leave the drive belts in one setup most of the time, what rpm would be a reasonable starting point, to avoid having to change belts? I mostly do small stuff, aluminum and 316 stainless steel.

Did you have something to display the actual RPM? Like a Hall sensor?

Craig
I haven’t installed it yet, but I have a tach I made that displays RPM and calculates and displays cutter SFM by material and cutter size

Back