Mig welder for sale

kylemp

This isn't mine, it's a friends neighbour who's husband had a body shop and passed away. I believe she's taking offers, it's not new but appeared to me to be in pretty good shape. If you're interested let me know and I can pass on any offers.
20200609_161531.jpg 20200609_161519.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Just hoping that the day I go to the big machine shop in the sky someone does the same for my wife.
I'd bet your wife will have things like that done for her as well...what goes around, comes around, ya know karma and the like.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
My thoughts exactly.

I actually think there is a business opportunity here, not for me mind you...but someone more interested in money than me. Before I go, for example, I hope to just have enough warning to give away stuff so my wife doesn't have to worry about getting rid of it. Auction houses are a pain, but there should be a service whereby guys that know their stuff inventory and remove it for those poor wives that wouldn't know where to start but just want it gone.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My thoughts exactly.

I actually think there is a business opportunity here, not for me mind you...but someone more interested in money than me. Before I go, for example, I hope to just have enough warning to give away stuff so my wife doesn't have to worry about getting rid of it. Auction houses are a pain, but there should be a service whereby guys that know their stuff inventory and remove it for those poor wives that wouldn't know where to start but just want it gone.

Yes but often we don't get much of a warning before we go and heaven forbid if we figured we are goners, disperse of our stuff and then go on to live for years.:eek:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Auction is a great solution for large number of items and will fetch great price. Note that if you have a lot of stuff you can negotiate with auction house as far as their cut goes. This is much faster then trying to sell 100 items through online posts + you don't need to worry about pricing it too low etc.

You can also have an estate sale - through that is for less valuable stuff. For a whole garage filled with tools auction is quick and fetches top $$$.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I've been working on a spreadsheet containing many of the really big items, with what I paid, offer price and the lowest acceptable price - my wife will surely appreciate it if I go first!

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Problem with the spreadsheet is that prices will be at the time of the last update...

Imagine one of the items was a shaper and list was made in year 2010. Shaper at that time was close to price of scrap. You could get say a 16" light duty shaper in excellent condition for maybe $500 or less - they were obsolete. Fast forward to today - now such shaper would be more in line with $2000. Same deal with Tool Cutter and Grinder - people got them say 5 - 10 years ago for scrap price plus case of beer with all accessories.

Thus such list would need to be updated at least every few years.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hence the reason why occasionally there are really good deals out there ( I just never find them in time) .
PS.
Keep an eye out for my obituary as my wife will likely have some deals for folks.