• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

micor cut lathe 14 X 40 Calgary asking 6000$

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
My neighbout cannot machine any more fully equipped in good condition. DRO, 10" 3J, 4J, steady rest follow rest, centres, drill chuck - fully equipped. He has no internet or email. le me know if interested.

I’ll have to think about this one how long is it’s footprint? I’ll have to measure the available space.

here's some pictures. He tells me he is selling all the stuff that 'goes with' the lathe, all the tool holders, the live centres, teh follow and steady rests, basically a fully tooled working machine...

Whole machine.jpg

DRO.jpg

ways.jpg

Ok it looks not bad did you measure it? I found some measurements online 71 long 19 wide x 46 for height. Is this another one of those basement moves?
When can my son and I take a look at it?

I take it, it not in a basement then? How you gonna get it home?

Last edited:
No it was in a garage the ways are good condition, it seems to be quite solid and comes with a fair bit of tooling even a turret fixture the toolpost looks like it could take up to 1” holders. I’ll need some help possibly does anyone have some dollies?

No it was in a garage the ways are good condition, it seems to be quite solid and comes with a fair bit of tooling even a turret fixture the toolpost looks like it could take up to 1” holders. I’ll need some help possibly does anyone have some dollies?

How much does it weigh?

Everything I have seen says 1300 lbs with a 2 hp motor this one has a 3hp motor I’m told so 1500 or so?

Looks like a nice lathe & Super Dabbler to the rescue!

Just curious, what is the flange / plate looking thing on the LHS of apron?
1627623197665.webp

Back