Metal shaper, $7000, Melancthon, ON

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
$7K? it's a brute no doubt but $7K? nah. If the ad is not a members ad can we make remarks and comments?

trevj

Ultra Member
$7K? it's a brute no doubt but $7K? nah. If the ad is not a members ad can we make remarks and comments?
Agreed in spades. Guy will do good to get more than Scrap Price for it, plus a tiny bit for any marginally useful tooling that may come with.

Would not be surprised to see the Vise alone, sell for more than the Shaper!

Folks simply don't have the need, space, or power supply, to run one of these, and the few places I HAVE seen with them on the floor (a couple), used them for very specific and profitable jobs, but were awash in offers for replacement machines!

Mostly, the term "net negative value" applies. It's gonna cost more to have it hauled away, than it is worth as Scrap!

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Seven thousand and the vise doesn't fit. I'd love to have one......if it was $900 and I had a 40 x 60 shop. Awesome machine, but it's too big for most hobbyists and yesterday's machine for most job shops.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
For no particular reason I think anyone who has 159 current listings on Kijiji or FB marketplace is either a flipper, scammer or most likely both.