• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Product Metal Lathe Accessories update

Product

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
As some of you may know, Andy Lofquist,the owner of Metal Lathe Accessories was not doing well and has since transferred ownership of the company to family friends.

This is good news as the company made some really nice shop tool castings but basically went silent as Andy's health deteriorated. The new owners have changed things around and significantly reduced shipping costs. The changes are good news for us Canucks as shipping to Canada was prohibitively expensive. The die filer shipping to BC was as much as the kit.
Email sent to folks who subscribed follows:

Dear MLA Community,

We hope that this email finds you well!

As some of you are aware, Andy Lofquist, founder of Metal Lathe Accessories, decided it was time to pass the ownership of his business to my brother Jack Pilch and me. Andy has been a longtime family friend of ours and we are truly honored to continue such a wonderful business.

We recognize the importance of Metal Lathe Accessories in the machining community, and we are committed to maintaining the excellent standards that you have come to expect. You can continue to rely on us to deliver quality materials, great design, personal communication and with your help, continuous improvement. We hold your opinions and input in very high regard.

We have created a new website - https://www.metallatheaccessories.com. In honor of Andy’s love of black and white photos, we have crafted our website in a more traditional style. We have posted new pictures of our finished products and even a video of the beloved Die Filer in action. Our old domain, http://www.mlatoolbox.com redirects to our new site. However, specific pages on the old site (such as http://mlatoolbox.com/MLA-18.html) we have not been able to redirect to the new site. We apologize for the confusion that this has caused some of you.

In the past, due to the weight of the MLA-18 (Die Filer), our international customers have had to pay some steep shipping charges. As it stands, we will now be shipping the MLA-18 Kit in two separate medium sized boxes to our international customers. In doing so, we have been able to significantly reduce the cost of shipping. If this has held you back from purchasing in the past, we strongly encourage you to go through our checkout process now and see the current shipping price applicable to your region.

As far as payment goes, we are now accepting all majors credit cards and PayPal. However, if you still prefer to pay via cashier’s check, please reach out to MetalLatheAccessories@... and we will accommodate your needs.

Finally, we will continue to monitor the inbox of MLAtoolbox@..., but we are transitioning to MetalLatheAccessories@... as our primary point of contact.

Jack and I are very much excited about the future of Metal Lathe Accessories. We cannot thank you enough for your continued support and we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a blessed holiday season! Please let your friends and family know that MLA is here to stay!

Sincerely,
Jared Pilch

Just order the tee slot cross slide myself. Should be a fun project, and easier to put a DRO on than the original, rear parting tool I think will be helpful too.

Just order the tee slot cross slide myself. Should be a fun project, and easier to put a DRO on than the original, rear parting tool I think will be helpful too.
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this. Mine is still a few shop projects away. :rolleyes:

Back