Metal lathe. 12” swing 30” bed, $750, Mountain View, AB

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
6d614966-3dc5-4038-ba61-0251fe98731f

JustaDB

Ultra Member
I showed these photos to our health & safety officer. She had to go sit in a dark room for a while before she could function again.
What? She didn't like the non-locking casters under the timbers?

That machine is a thing of beauty. I especially like the Honda 90 transmission Mcgyver. Tres kewl!

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I showed these photos to our health & safety officer. She had to go sit in a dark room for a while before she could function again.
Show her this video, they start the pour around 18:17 ask her to count how many steel toed boots she sees:).
The shaper around the 30:00 is pretty cool as well .

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Great video, but i don't see anybody with missing fingers or toes. Safety gear is highly overrated, open toe shoes saves on the Doc having to pry the crushed steel off ones foot.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Its an interesting video at the end they load it onto a flatbed trike no straps the guys are pushing it trying to get going too funny. I wonder how much they get for doing a casting lots of guys working and you can see one guy is kinda overseeing things and everybody has their job. I love those videos showing how things are done on the other side of the world, the ones doing big crankshafts are pretty cool too.

Ironman

Ultra Member
What? She didn't like the non-locking casters under the timbers?

That machine is a thing of beauty. I especially like the Honda 90 transmission Mcgyver. Tres kewl!
I'm amazed at the determination of someone to scrounge up that junk and build a lathe. I have seen a Doukhobor guy in BC that built one with angle iron ways. For old horse drawn farm equipment machining it would be ok, I guess.

Last edited: