• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Metal Lathe $1000. Parksville, BC

View attachment 32235
I can't log in to Facebook, but from the picture, aside from the hideous paint job and broken top selector on the feed box, it looks like a good buy. It has an interesting kick out for the threading lever. I also see what looks like a 4 jaw in the basket of goodies underneath it.......

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
It's definitely a South Bend although the half nut is different from mine. Doesn't look like it has power cross feed. But does have the clutch for the turning speed verses using the half nut for threading. Bed wear and tail stock are two issues.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Tailstock might be in the basket of goodies?

Or wherever it is that every other sock ends up when they go into the dryer.

It's definitely a South Bend although the half nut is different from mine. Doesn't look like it has power cross feed. But does have the clutch for the turning speed verses using the half nut for threading. Bed wear and tail stock are two issues.
It has the lever for power cross feed, it has also been converted to large direct reading dials on the cross and compound slides..... Agreed, she's gunna be worn, but most of them are fifty years old and older, heck, I don't think they have been made in 40 years now. It's still going to make parts good enough for the average guy wanting to make some bushings etc for the hotrod that never gets finished......