Metal for sale on Vancouver Island

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
My friend Jens took some of the scrap and ingots and this is what he got:
I had 260 lbs of aluminum and 59lb of zinc. Aluminum was priced at 0.72/lb but zinc only paid 6 cents/lb

I had suggested he post here but he sold it at scrap value.
Here's what else he has for sale:

ZA12, foundry ingots, 75 lbs for $150
Diamond parting dust, 32 lbs for $75
Ceracast HT refractory, 25 kg bag, $50
#10 silicon carbide cruicible, new, $150, used $50
#16 silicon carbide cruicible, new, $200
Brass shavings 30 lb, $50
I could have sworn I had a bag of J82 Airdry binder (petrobond alternative) but it is hiding from me :(
I believe I have more aluminum ingots above the garage but I have not yet looked into that.

Edit:
His email is:
Jens <Jens@pacificsun.ca>

I don't need that much parting does but I'll go half.

Last edited:

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My friend Jens took some of the scrap and ingots and this is what he got:
I had 260 lbs of aluminum and 59lb of zinc. Aluminum was priced at 0.72/lb but zinc only paid 6 cents/lb

I had suggested he post here but he sold it at scrap value.
Here's what else he has for sale:

ZA12, foundry ingots, 75 lbs for $150
Diamond parting dust, 32 lbs for $75
Ceracast HT refractory, 25 kg bag, $50
#10 silicon carbide cruicible, new, $150, used $50
#16 silicon carbide cruicible, new, $200
Brass shavings 30 lb, $50
I could have sworn I had a bag of J82 Airdry binder (petrobond alternative) but it is hiding from me :(
I believe I have more aluminum ingots above the garage but I have not yet looked into that.

I don't need that much parting does but I'll go half.
I have trouble getting small quantities of metal for projects.

Getting Al at a scrap price would have been sweet.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I now have a fair amount of metal that needs to be made into ingots. He checked his attic and has another 50 to 100 lbs up there. Likely in ingot form and of unknown parentage. ie. Scrap of who knows what melted and poured into ingot molds.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
His furnace is available for free if you can figure out how to pull it out. Apparently the lid mechanism is rusted so it doesn't open. At least not easily. Somewhere I even have a video of it running. He started it on propane and then switched over to used motor oil I believe.

1711151650653.png

Last edited:

trevj

Ultra Member
I now have a fair amount of metal that needs to be made into ingots. He checked his attic and has another 50 to 100 lbs up there. Likely in ingot form and of unknown parentage. ie. Scrap of who knows what melted and poured into ingot molds.
IIRC, he was experimenting a lot with adding copper to whatever scrap Aluminum he was able to get (mostly extrusions).

Is he well? I hope so. Since he and I clashed on the list, and he bailed, I have wondered...