• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Machine Metal brake

Machine

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I have one of the BusyBee 30" 3 in 1 metal tools that I've used for shearing and bending. As yet not used the slip roll.

I did modify the edge stop to make it easier to line up for shearing. I've done a few projects trying to bend to a line but it's difficult to be precise with this sort of brake.
The main project for it was to create a movable computer controlled backstop so that one could dial in the fold dimension the way the big machines do it. That project #42 is still not complete.

So I've been looking at one of the small 12" box/pan brakes for just under $400. Seems the box pan is easier to use for bending sheet metal.

Has anyone else on this forum have a 3:1 tool? Do you use it for bending or only shearing?

Anyone used a commercial bender with the adjustable backstop? Is the backstop the key to successful bending?

Attachments

• NewShearFence.jpg
    NewShearFence.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 8
  • FenceAssembly.jpg
    FenceAssembly.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8
  • CastBracket1.jpg
    CastBracket1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 8

Tom O

Ultra Member
I can’t say much my Son was into it for a while we had the PA edge turner and he bought a English wheel so I bought him the 3 in 1 for Xmas. I think he used it a half dozen times in all and now is back into guitar I’m thinking of using the shear for sacrificial plate underneath the work on the mill.