• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Metal band saw

Alex A.

***$350 OBO ***
Excellent used condition
Located in Lethbridge but could bring to Calgary

Attachments

• uOvUeEleRxagPmxYSxzWYQ.jpg
    uOvUeEleRxagPmxYSxzWYQ.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 0
  • neSTC0XERImtdVpTkInqug.jpg
    neSTC0XERImtdVpTkInqug.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Alex,

An image of the saw's info plate would help. Then we know the saw's capacity.

Craig

I blew up the picture and see that it says:
Capacity 7" RO 7" x 12" RECT.
Blade: 3/4" x 0.032" x 93"
Speed: 85-130-180-235fpm 60 Hz
70-110-150-195 fpm 50 Hz
Model: FF-712
Mfg date: 199606
Made in Taiwan

Awesome deal! If I didn't already own one... Any members with a powered hacksaw you want this.

Awesome deal! If I didn't already own one... Any members with a powered hacksaw you want this.

Ya, I want it but sadly I don't have the space for it:( Great deal for the right person. Looks like it's set up for cutting fluid flooding?

Last edited:
Those 7x12's are great machines...really versatile. Just a caution that if you intend to cut long lengths of tubing on an angle, and you are in a tight or narrow garage, you need to be able to pull the machine out into a driveway or other space.

Cutting a 45° on a 12 foot piece of tubing takes lots of room to swing that material. I learned this the hard way on my older machine, especially in the winter when pulling it out in the driveway may not be in the cards. For most people this isn't an issue if you don't cut long lengths of material. But for some it is a show stopper—especially when you consider you also need space for a roller stand (or two).

If your requirements are for these types of cuts you need a "swivel cutting bandsaw" where the bandsaw itself—not the vise like this one has—swivels.

Again, 7x12's are great machines...just double check your needs. For 90% of people a machine like this one is great.

It can be awkward - I rotate the machine as I can't swing the material 45 degrees.

Hey Alex,

is this still available? It looks like it has an internal coolant system, am I correct in that assumption? Also would there be a cost associated with bringing it into Calgary?

thanks,

also alex

Back