• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Metal ad

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
hmmm that smells like a good deal. we got it for $0.02 or 0.03 a pound last time we did a big group purchase and load. ....

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I tried to contact him through facebook, and things went wrong. I'd buy some I beam from him if available.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
If you got it for 0.02 or 0.03 per lbs I would buy as much as humanely possible and drive it straight to scrap yard. Last time I checked good heavy scrap was around 4.5c per lbs or 100 CAD per tonne.

I am thinking of I beam as well to make my own bridge crane.

Too many projects through so I am not sure.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Some solid and pipe in there, I see a couple small forges, quench pipe, steel crucibles, grinder stands, I have lots of this stuff already myself.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yeah I have way too much "little" scrap for all sorts of stands - I need to weld something with it just to get rid of it. Maybe extra stand for a grinder and some more stuff like it.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I always have plans! o_O I may have to replace the main beam of my gantry crane for a specific lift....

fact is, I beam is pretty darned useful...