• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Manual lathe (Kearney & Trecker) with digital readout, $3000, Medicine Hat

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
48edabbd-320e-44fe-b021-a6bfe45eaf3b

buckbrush

That is made by CVA in Britain. It is a Monarch 10ee x 30” between centers. If it is in good shape that is a steal

buckbrush

It is a licensed copy of a round dial monarch 10ee with a 30” between centers bed. Most Monarch 10ee have 20” between centers.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
That one isn't so much although the feed and round dial controls look it, but the early rendition was pretty much a 10ee copy. From hearing guys talk, it seems the copied the quality as well, but can say for sure. Not sure when K&T came into it, but I would expect the one advertised to be a very good lathe! Here's an earlier model, a 10ee clone

1698953152084.gif

Hmmm, my K&T 1a doesn't look anything like a lathe........
20231102_141009.jpg 20231102_141154.jpg
... Okay, maybe just a little, but only 'cause I am out of flat spaces to store my lathe bed. :rolleyes:
They would make a nice pair..... Mine, as near as I can date it is a 1913. This time of the year, the shop gets hit pretty hard with the chaos bug, I promise, I will clean it up a little...... You know, one day. :p