• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Made a table for vertical sawing on my 4 x 6 bandsaw

Tmate

Since I bought my 7" x 12" Jet horizontal bandsaw, my little 4 x 6 has been sitting idle. I decided to make a sturdy table for it so I could do some vertical sawing.

I decided that the simplest approach was to use some 1/4" mild steel plate for a base and a table, and some 4" x 4" x 1/4" thick angle iron for a column. I drilled two 3/8" diameter holes in the saw frame to bolt the base down. The result is an extremely rigid table that could be removed for horizontal sawing (or blade changes) in seconds by removing the two bolts. I plan to use it pretty much for vertical sawing however.

Table 1.jpg

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
Nice job, looks very helpful!

I wouldn’t mind one of the tables to mount my portaband one day (if I find a spot for it). It seems like vertically cutting blade would be really helpful.

Everett

Super User
I like it! I have an auction 7x12 that needs some love before it can be used, but I like this idea. Makes keeping the little saw around even a better idea, lol

Tmate

Since I have the 7 x 12 Jet bandsaw, I reasoned that I would probably never again be using my little 4 x 6 for horizontal cut-off work. I decided to convert it for strictly vertical cutting.

I made guide adapters to take the twist out of the blade, giving me a throat depth of just over 5 inches. I swapped out the 1/3 hp Dayton motor for a 3/4 hp Baldor. The original motor mount and even the belt both fit after the conversion. Table and table support tube slide forward to access the blade. Mounting brackets for the saw and motor mount were fabricated from 2" x 2" x 3/16" angle iron, and welded to a 1/4" steel support plate. As a final step I installed a new Lenox bi-metal blade.

4x6a.jpg 4x6b.jpg 4x6c.jpg 4x6d.jpg