• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Machine stands

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Been working on a couple stands for the king mill/drill and the little south bend, i wasnt about to pay 300$ for the king one, and the little wooden work bench for the south bend wasnt doing it for me. Im not the greatest at remembering to take pictures in progress, but here are some of the ones i did remember to take!

i used 100lb slides for the drawers, riveted to the sides, 3/4 inch structural bolts hammered into the 1.5 inch tube legs as levelers on the mill stand, table tops on both are 3/16 sheet i had left over from a job, and good ol tremclad for the paint....i hate the look of raw steel

Still need to make a few things for the lathe table, a little strut for the wing, a backsplash/tool holder/dust guard, and im waiting on the levelling casters from ali

IMG_20210425_171844948.jpg IMG_20210425_171838641.jpg IMG_20210425_173901041.jpg IMG_20210503_170710832.jpg IMG_20210501_125329699.jpg IMG_20210501_130833939.jpg IMG_20210502_095034347.jpg IMG_20210502_140130119.jpg IMG_20210503_163256081.jpg

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Cool.... which levelling casters did you order? I've been thinking I might put some on my shaper stand.

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I've been looking at GD-60S. The shaper and all the junk on the bottom shelf probably weights 500 lbs or more.

So might be a good idea to step up to the next size, either way I don't think I/you will be able to lift it with the adjuster, probabaly have to lift the cart/table with a jack or lever and adjust with no weight on the foot

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So might be a good idea to step up to the next size, either way I don't think I/you will be able to lift it with the adjuster, probabaly have to lift the cart/table with a jack or lever and adjust with no weight on the foot

I was wondering about that. In my case I don't need to level anything, I just need the casters to stop rocking. I was looking at floor locks but they are just as expensive as leveling casters.

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I was wondering about that. In my case I don't need to level anything, I just need the casters to stop rocking. I was looking at floor locks but they are just as expensive as leveling casters.

That's kinda the same thing I'm going for, I want to be able to move it relatively easily, but I know with 4 it's going to rock around where I park without some way to adjust the feet