Tips/Techniques Machine movers Southern Van Island

Tips/Techniques

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I went to see a fellow today to buy a surface plate. His shop was filled with some very large machines; Ryerson-Conradsen horizontal mill, 12x40 Lang lathe, a turret lathe and a wealth of other machines. He bought them all from a single seller on Maybe Island.
Five large machines, approximately 15-18,000 lbs were moved in one trip from Mayne Island to the Highland in Victoria by Glen Lake Trucking for less than $2000.
Food for thought in case anyone want a big machine but is stuck on how to move it.

Last edited:
I went to see a fellow today to buy a surface plate. His shop was filled with some very large machines; Ryerson-Conradsen horizontal mill, 12x40 Lac (I think) lathe, a turret lathe and a wealth of other machines. He bought them all from a single seller on Maybe Island.
Five large machines, approximately 15-18,000 lbs were moved in one trip from Mayne Island to the Highland in Victoria by Glen Lake Trucking for less than $2000.
Food for thought in case anyone want a big machine but is stuck on how to move it.
.........so, you are thinking about it. ;). If you don't have room for the shaper right away, just set out front of the house, put a saddle on the ram and charge the neighbor kids $10 a ride. I seem to recall that you work from home a lot, it might be a good side gig.....:rolleyes:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Definitely not thinking about it.... I need another 400 sq ft before I can add more machines.
But a money making venture might change things :D :D :D