Looking for Unimat DB 200 part

duffy20

Hello there, just picked a new to me Unimat DB 200 in fantastic condition. I am about to stary construction of a wood box for it. Right now I'm looking for a specific part, DB 501-8, Tension Screw for the milling/drill press support on the vertical column. M12-1. Can't find one anywhere.
Thanks

duffy20

Hi Garrit, small world ! yes, it's missing. Ive tried Fastenal (no luck) and I'm about to try a place in Bells Corners. If you happen to see it, let me know. The dividing head cleaned up real good, a coat of Rustoleum Hannertone Rosemarie did the trick !
UnimatDividingHead.jpg

duffy20

Just back from Fastenal and Ottawa Fasteners, the closest they have is M12 x 1.25, close but no cigar ! I'll try your suggestions !
Thanks
SL

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Just back from Fastenal and Ottawa Fasteners, the closest they have is M12 x 1.25, close but no cigar ! I'll try your suggestions !
Thanks
SL
I believe Fastenal will order it for you.

But I'm in the camp that says buy a slightly bigger bolt (which already has the hex head, turn the diameter down, and then single point cut new 1.0 threads on it. Fast and easy.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
12x1 might a challenge, mcmaster doesn't list it....and if they don't list it...good luck. He can't make one on that lathe, it doesn't do threading (not technically true...there was a threading attachment, chaser style, but they are not that common).

....but you're in luck....I was able to conjure a 12 year old memory. This guys sell unimat parts: tomstoolstore.com. Fear not, its a tool store, its a stool store. ( like a child I laughed my ass of seeing that name again......anyone remember the snowmobile magazine Sno Track....on the cover it was SNOTRACK, how disgusting.... small things amuse small minds I suppose). I dealt with him once, good guy. He's got the part for $18 US

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I have a Unimat DB200. I use it periodically for tiny things. I can probably clone most things for it. The plan is to eventually add an encoder and power carriage drive so it can do threading.