• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

looking for stuff....

jaydag71

Good eve to all, as I'm still quite fresh to the hobby, I'm on the never ending search for tooling and tools...atm I'm looking for the following:

decent set of gage blocks, sae pref.
height gauge, digital pref but...
precision straight edge/level (~12")

I'm also on the lookout for these although in no hurry:
a high resolution test indicator or dial indicator
good quality reliable digital calipers

mostly though, need some good gage blocks that will last me...im located in Victoria Bc, thanks for the consideration! J

TOBARApprentice

Super User
I have a Starrett Digital Dial Indicator (.001 to .00005 resolution, you choose), a
Starrett Surface Gage, a Starrett last word analogue indicator and a set
of Starrett digital Callipers..... along with a pile of other stuff. PM if you are interested in any of the above.

Cheers.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOBARApprentice

Super User
And no problem shipping to Victoria. Davidr8 can attest to the shipping and condition of the stuff I sell..... Cheers.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yup, the stuff comes well packaged and is exactly as described.

TOBARApprentice

Super User
The last time I shipped to David, good old Canada Post had us both concerned as the package seemed “stuck” in Stoney Creek Ontario, but hopefully that was a “one off” situ. Otherwise, stuff seems to be about a week from me to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
I have bought from TOBAR as well. Items were exactly as pictured and packing was superb.

Tobar....

I'm a new member from NewBrunswick, and am in the market for equipment. I'm starting from scratch as I now have a shop to work in.

Could you send me a list of the stuff you have for sale...? I'm also currently looking for a mill, lathe, drill press, and tool grinder.

Thanks a bunch for any help.
Steven

Ps. Any hints on where to buy used machines would greatly be appreciated .

I have a Starrett Digital Dial Indicator (.001 to .00005 resolution, you choose), a
Starrett Surface Gage, a Starrett last word analogue indicator and a set
of Starrett digital Callipers..... along with a pile of other stuff. PM if you are interested in any of the above.

Cheers.

Derek

TOBARApprentice

Super User
I can’t recall if I contacted you or not. Probably easier if you let me know what you are looking for..... if i don’t have it, I know who does. PM me if you’d rather. Happy to help out.

Cheers,

Derek