• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

North America Looking for Single Specialty Washer in Calgary

North America
Type
Product

Upnorth

Given its function you could just use a drill press to make the centre hole then finish the outside to size with a disk sander.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Good to hear you're taken care of locally, maybe next time.
Yes, thanks. You were on my hit list if sourcing and hackage failed. There are videos on YoYoTube that show how to soften up the spindles and other rubber parts using "standard" household chemicals such as Simple Green and/or heat. But there are also videos on how to fix gas tank leaks with bubble gum and how to properly fold tin foil hats for the perfect fit...so yeah...credibility varies wildly on that platform.

Thanks so very much.

Yes, thanks. You were on my hit list if sourcing and hackage failed. There are videos on YoYoTube that show how to soften up the spindles and other rubber parts using "standard" household chemicals such as Simple Green and/or heat. But there are also videos on how to fix gas tank leaks with bubble gum and how to properly fold tin foil hats for the perfect fit...so yeah...credibility varies wildly on that platform.

Thanks so very much.
I'll have you know that I have found the tin foil hat video particularly helpful. :p

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Bubbles? Is that you? Where are Ricky and Julien?

OK moderators....I will stop now before you stop me.

Thanks everyone for your help. Very kind of all of you. Cheers.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You should of let the big hairy guy keep bidding on the washer manufacturing, left to his own devices he would end up paying you to make the washer. :)

That was my plan. Would have been funny as hell and worth whatever it would have cost me to ship a bad washer and then another good one arriving the next day

I was gunna get there too, but then @RobinHood stole all my fun. To be honest, I kinda knew something like that would happen. Not necessarily Rudy, but someone. And it wouldn't have been fair to @CalgaryPT to have to wait while I milked the laughs out of it till it wasnt funny anymore.

Good thing I had those other washer/pullers to do.

Life is awesome in so many ways! And so is this forum. Not just for the laughs, but also for the generosity and friendship of people like Rudy and @YotaBota.

Bandit

Ultra Member
Wish I could of helped, but reading this 2 days late. Acklands/Grainger has/had good shipping, when I was in Kamloops, l was looking some small nuts that had a standard ,but not to be found thread size. When I tried Acklands, the guy checks the computer, said only ones to be found were in Halifax - 1 box of a 100. Said, sure, I will take it depending on the cost to get it to Kamloops. When I went in to pick up a few days later, the counter person handed me a bag with 1 little nut in it. I looked at it," where's the rest of them??". They look at me," you ordered 1, there it is." "No, I ordered the whole box.". "Oh, sorry, but there not a box of 100 in Canada." Well there are some in Halifax." But only 99,"was the reply. "I will take them!" I did get the rest of them a few days later.
I was very surprised there was no shipping cost to me, and the fact they shipped 1 little nut across Canada, didn't loose it, no B.S. about it. Then followed the same with the other 99 nuts!
Don't know if it's still like that.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Problem solved. @RobinHood made these for me and they fit like a glove—just enough overlap to hold the sleeve w/o interfering with sanding. As it turns out, they even fit perfectly inside one of the on-board storage slots designed for the spindle bases. It's like it belongs there....

First pic is the old black washer that was the problem child.

Thanks again Rudy. Nice to see you again this AM.

Cheers everyone. Thanks.

Attachments

• washer1.jpg
    washer1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 7
  • washer2.jpg
    washer2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 8
  • washer3.jpg
    washer3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 8
  • washer4.jpg