• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Looking for a hand wheel

Just got Commissioned to build a Santa Maria grill, but I’m going a redesigned route instead of the big wheel.
Looking for a 5 or 6 inch hand wheel with handle if anyone has a random spare.
No rush.
Maybe you got a big lot from the auction today that had an extra one?

I would suggest being skeptical of that offer for a 6" hand wheel. It is likely a scam (send money now, never get the product).

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Just got Commissioned to build a Santa Maria grill, but I’m going a redesigned route instead of the big wheel.
Looking for a 5 or 6 inch hand wheel with handle if anyone has a random spare.
No rush.
Maybe you got a big lot from the auction today that had an extra one?

Last time I was at Busy Bee (before Covid) I saw an assortment of handwheels and associated parts on the North wall...... I don't remember them as being too expensive.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Where do you live? I used to sell industrial valves, our machine shop would be throwing out valve handwheels every time we automated a valve. I might be able to point you to a valve shop that would have something. Some of the old stuff had really stylish hand wheels.

Attachments

• 6CE67E90-DA04-4B0D-BEB2-D2692041FB06.jpeg
    6CE67E90-DA04-4B0D-BEB2-D2692041FB06.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 0
Man I never seem to get the notifications on my posts. I’ve got to pay more attention.

I’m in southern Ontario, Cambridge area. But do travel to Toronto for work unfortunately

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Man I never seem to get the notifications on my posts. I’ve got to pay more attention.

I’m in southern Ontario, Cambridge area. But do travel to Toronto for work unfortunately

My notifications don't work well either. I have learned to use "New Posts" and then turn off "unread"