• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

CA-AB Looking for 6” round bar

Alberta
Type
Supplies

Geoff

Anyone happen to have any 6” or larger aluminum round bar plastic round bar (delrin, hdpe, uhmw)?

Making some spacers for a small lift on my VW wagon.

Lmk, Thanks in advance.

Walmart or dollar store cutting boards, 6" holesaw , would be good and cheaper if the spacers are 1/2" or less . I just bought 36" of 2.5" 6061 and it was $300 with tax and shipping.

Thank you. Im giving the car a 1.5” lift in the front so I’m looking for round bar stock preferably that I can turn on the lathe but I could definitely make flat bar / sheet stock work as well… would just need to be 1.5” thick.

I did locate some 6” Uhmw round bar stock from industrial plastics here in Calgary but I thought I’d ask around here as well incase anyone happens to have a drop of something that would work.

Appreciate the suggestions

Pipe flanges? 2” Class 150 pipe flange is 6” O.D., 0.69” thick, with four 3/4” holes on 4-3/4” bolt circle. Aluminum will be a bit pricey, but forged steel or stainless steel are relatively cheap and easy to get.

I have made a few spacer lifts like you are referring to from plate and tube/pipe, was quite a bit cheaper than using solid stock

like @Darren mentioned, suspension geometry may mean you dont need 1.5", one i recall doing only needing 3/4 to get around 1.5" of lift

Perhaps casting? Thats around 700ml of aluminum. If hdpe is an option save your bottle caps... But i think pressure and/or vacuum need to be involved to remove bubbles...

Ya just take your finest 6" cake pan and bake a bunch of plastic in your oven for several hours until you feel light headed should do the trick lol

Back