• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Look who’s been published....

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I was browsing the June/July copy of machinists workshop and in the “end notes” section is a letter by our own @DPittman

Nice to see a local reference in a magazine I read cover to cover for the last couple of years

Congrats Don, looking forward to seeing picks of your dragon fly air rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom O

Ultra Member
I went to Chapters hoping to find these on the shelf but they have cut their magazine selection way down in the NE. I haven’t tried Chinook though.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I went to Chapters hoping to find these on the shelf but they have cut their magazine selection way down in the NE. I haven’t tried Chinook though.

I've never seen them at a retail store.

kevin.decelles

Premium Member
I subscribed online due to issues in finding a reliable copy on the shelf. Cheaper too

kevin.decelles

Premium Member
3e0e816909658c2338d7f2aa16a54731.jpg

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Congrats!! I signed up to the magazine last fall after our Chapters quit carrying any machining magazines. Before that I would just pick the ones that looked interesting.

JohnnyTK

Chapters stopped carrying it here in Ontario. Congrats on being published. Hope my issue is in the mail box today.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
There is a magazine/news paper shop on 17th ave at 10th street SW that regularly carries all the home shop mags for about any discipline you could have an interest in. been a couple years since I was in the door (moved out of Cowtown) but assuming they are still there.
last I was in BB, also a couple of years ago, they had a selection of HSM in a rack as you went in the door.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’m going to have to go through mine and order online with a couple back issues I’ve been buying them for a few years now.
I have a older set for a article on building a edm for broken tap removal that would be a neat group build updating the electronics to Arduino after all one of our biggest dreads is busting a tap. Stuck bolts etc.

JohnnyTK

I’m going to have to go through mine and order online with a couple back issues I’ve been buying them for a few years now.
I have a older set for a article on building a edm for broken tap removal that would be a neat group build updating the electronics to Arduino after all one of our biggest dreads is busting a tap. Stuck bolts etc.
I was looking at making one and Stefan Gotteswinter on The Home Shop Machinist Podcast mentioned that it is very hard to get a lot of the parts for the Pulse EDM to stuff the board. I think your idea to program an Arduino makes a ton of sense.