• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Logan 9x18 lathe - $1100

Tom O

Ultra Member
I still like a lathe with a 12" minimum swing although it's not used often and I never liked removing the gap.

francist

Super User
Pretty sure this is Yota’s machine, and yes it is tempting. I want my next one to have a quick change gear box though, so I’m steeling myself to resist...

-frank

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Pretty sure this is Yota’s machine, and yes it is tempting. I want my next one to have a quick change gear box though, so I’m steeling myself to resist...

-frank

Thought he had a 9" SM Utilathe?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
The ad has been updated to pending so someone is getting a good deal.
I'll keep my eye open for you Frank ;)

francist

Super User
Thanks bud, I knew I could count on you for that... :)

I actually saw the same ad this morning and recognized the picture right away. I do like Logans, just not the right time I guess.

-f

francist

Super User
Frank have you seen this:
Haha, I see you’re in cahoots with David now! ;)
Actually I hadn’t seen that one, I usually just scout the Victoria and island ads for close by scoops. I’m only casually keeping one eye out, at present I’ve got enough to keep me busy without a new flame in the shop. Your little 400 did look nice though, good luck luck with the sale.

-frank

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Helping to spend other peoples money is a hobby:D. I'm casually keeping an eye out for an SM1120/1334, if one comes along great, if not I'm happy with the SM9".

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Well that didn't take long, I must have priced it to low, lol
David_R - the gentleman knows you from one of the other forum sites and I gave him the link to this one. He also bought the 3phase motor that came off my SM.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Well that didn't take long, I must have priced it to low, lol
David_R - the gentleman knows you from one of the other forum sites and I gave him the link to this one. He also bought the 3phase motor that came off my SM.

Yup he’s on hobby-machinist also. Goes by Toolman I think.
Edit: goes by Toolfan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I just had a look at hobby-machinist, it is toolfan and he seems to be a very happy man. I left him my phone number and told him to call if he has any questions about the lathe.