Lead pouring supplies

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Not sure this is a deal but it's a collection of lead pouring supplies and 85lbs of lead.

$1000
London, Ontario

View attachment 18055

Unrealistic selling price for dirty used jig and lure making equipment. Look at all the black in the aluminum molds, what's up with that, and melting pots left full of crap? At $1,000 dollars stand clear and let it pass. Forewarned is forearmed.

I have a similar amount of jig and lure making equipment in like new condition (no lie) sitting in our storage room, would never think of asking such an absurd price. Just saying!

Last edited:

gmihovics

Garrett
that's great information, I posted because I thought it wasn't a common thing to see Facebook or Kijiji.

maybe this can help you sell your stuff :D

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
that's great information, I posted because I thought it wasn't a common thing to see Facebook or Kijiji.

maybe this can help you sell your stuff :D

Agree, not a lot of this kind of fishing gear floating around. Hadn't thought of selling my stuff although I really should but not via Kijiji.
We are at the stage in life where downsizing comes into play, shall think that idea over. Thanks!

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member

The move elderly make before selling their home and going into a condo, care home, or worse. Preparing one's life for the enviable by getting rid of the clutter rather than leaving it up to one's children to dispose off. Garbage, garbage, garbage. ok where's their money???

Perhaps when you reach my age bracket you'll understand. Pretty much straight forward me thinks.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

The move elderly make before selling their home and going into a condo, care home, or worse. Preparing one's life for the enviable by getting rid of the clutter rather than leaving it up to one's children to dispose off. Garbage, garbage, garbage. ok where's their money???

Perhaps when you reach my age bracket you'll understand. Pretty much straight forward me thinks.

I was trying to be funny. I know what downsizing is. I'm NOT DOING IT!

Perhaps when I reach old age? That's an eternity from now. I'm only in my mid 70s. Right now my plan is to die with so much "GARBAGE" that it will take a farm auctioneer 10 years just to organize it and a year to sell.

My kids/wife will not curse me, I have already told them what to expect and how to deal with my rock collection, my tree collection, my dirt collection, my greasy coverall collection, and a few tools n other useless stuff.

Fortunately, I also have a backhoe attachment for my loader tractor and I showed my wife how to use it. No old age home for me. Just dig a hole, push me in, back-fill it, add some stones from my collection, and plant another tree to add to the tree collection for the kids to divvy up some day too.

That's the plan anyway...... Meanwhile my mom is still living but has dementia. And I'll personally make mincemeat out of anybody who tries digging a hole for her.......

So ya, when I'm old and in my 90s, my kids and I might feel differently. I guess we will see when that time comes......

Edit - Better yet, throw a bunch of my favorite "useless" things into the hole with me!

Last edited:
I was trying to be funny. I know what downsizing is. I'm NOT DOING IT!

Perhaps when I reach old age? That's an eternity from now. I'm only in my mid 70s. Right now my plan is to die with so much "GARBAGE" that it will take a farm auctioneer 10 years just to organize it and a year to sell.

My kids/wife will not curse me, I have already told them what to expect and how to deal with my rock collection, my tree collection, my dirt collection, my greasy coverall collection, and a few tools n other useless stuff.

Fortunately, I also have a backhoe attachment for my loader tractor and I showed my wife how to use it. No old age home for me. Just dig a hole, push me in, back-fill it, add some stones from my collection, and plant another tree to add to the tree collection for the kids to divvy up some day too.

That's the plan anyway...... Meanwhile my mom is still living but has dementia. And I'll personally make mincemeat out of anybody who tries digging a hole for her.......

So ya, when I'm old and in my 90s, my kids and I might feel differently. I guess we will see when that time comes......

Edit - Better yet, throw a bunch of my favorite "useless" things into the hole with me!
I'm in a similar position, my kids and their husbands have a pretty good idea of what is going to happen when I am gone..... And, it won't be my problem. :p
Between now and then is my time to play, it might sound selfish, but I have my own parents and their things to deal with coming up and when I am done with that I will have earned that right. But at no point do I want to ask them to give up the things that make their lives worth living, (they could lose some of the things that were only bought as investments, and I would be happy, but not the things that keep them going).
Being self reliant is my reason for being, handed down father to son for generations, nope, not handing over my tools while living. :cool:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Between now and then is my time to play, it might sound selfish, but I have my own parents and their things to deal with coming up and when I am done with that I will have earned that right

Yup, dealt with my dad's stuff over the last 3 years and just sold my mom's condo last month and divided up (and yes pitched some) her stuff. She was more like me than I want folks to know......

Yup, dealt with my dad's stuff over the last 3 years and just sold my mom's condo last month and divided up (and yes pitched some) her stuff. She was more like me than I want folks to know......
Kinda funny how our paths are set for us without knowing it in the present....

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member

Hey guys I too was simply trying to be humorous as well. Neglected to mention earlier that downsizing is the time one cuts individuals from your will. So be careful out there. Just saying! LOL

Last edited:

Tom O

Ultra Member
Hey guys I too was simply trying to be humorous as well. Neglected to mention earlier that downsizing is the time one cuts individuals from your will. So be careful out there. Just saying! LOL
Right then who gets the socks!
I’ve always told my son he gets everything.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hey guys, don't forget about @kevin.decelles . He has been looking for adoption papers from anyone who has machinery who wants to add him to their wills. I have 4 kids and 8 grandkids and there are rumours about a great grand child too..... So not much here for Kevin.

If you have too many socks and only one son, Kevin might even be willing to move in.......

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Susquatch I'm just curious, whatcha got 4 a backhoe loader?
My loader tractor is a Deere 5210 AWD. The backhoe for it is a Woods BH90-X.

It's an awesome little tractor. I call it my "Little Tractor That Could". Pound for pound, it's pure beast.

Here is a photo unloading my Bridgeport off my flatbed. Basically, I lifted the BP, and then pulled the trailer out from under it. I could probably have just lifted it and backed away, but it was ragged edge and I didn't like taking chances with the BP so high in the air. I put it down a few inches over the ground and then drove it to my shop a few moments after taking the photo. Not saying I did this right, but it did work.

I once lifted an entire 8x12 fully insulated and interior walled shed complete with insulated double walled interior dog houses with that tractor.

I could not find a photo with the backhoe installed.

Screenshot_20211105-053250_Kijiji.jpg

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My loader tractor is a Deere 5210 AWD. The backhoe for it is a Woods BH90-X.

It's an awesome little tractor. I call it my "Little Tractor That Could". Pound for pound, it's pure beast.

Here is a photo unloading my Bridgeport off my flatbed. Basically, I lifted the BP, and then pulled the trailer out from under it. I could probably have just lifted it and backed away, but it was ragged edge and I didn't like taking chances with the BP so high in the air. I put it down a few inches over the ground and then drove it to my shop a few moments after taking the photo. Not saying I did this right, but it did work.

I once lifted an entire 8x12 fully insulated and interior walled shed complete with insulated double walled interior dog houses with that tractor.

I could not find a photo with the backhoe installed.

View attachment 18078
Very nice little/big tractor. Not so small that you can't do much other than mow with it and not so big that's its awkward and cumbersome for smaller jobs.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I guess I wouldn't ever call it small. You could never mow a lawn with it. The weight would leave huge ruts even with the r4 tires. Ag tires would totally destroy a yard. I do mow weeds and corn stalks with it using an 8ft rotary bush Hog. As you can see, I also use it for spraying. I prefer a 3pt hitch mounted sprayer to cut down on crop damage when turning corners. That sprayer is 45ft wide and I added another 5ft for 50ft overall. I also pull a fully loaded 50ft fertilizer Spreader with it. And I used to pull a 3 blade x18" furrow plow with it. I use my bigger row crop tractor now.

Lastly, I built my own RTK GPS system for it,so I can spread Fertilizer and spray weeds without using marker flags.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I guess I wouldn't ever call it small. You could never mow a lawn with it. The weight would leave huge ruts even with the r4 tires. Ag tires would totally destroy a yard. I do mow weeds and corn stalks with it using an 8ft rotary bush Hog. As you can see, I also use it for spraying. I prefer a 3pt hitch mounted sprayer to cut down on crop damage when turning corners. That sprayer is 45ft wide and I added another 5ft for 50ft overall. I also pull a fully loaded 50ft fertilizer Spreader with it. And I used to pull a 3 blade x18" furrow plow with it. I use my bigger row crop tractor now.

Lastly, I built my own RTK GPS system for it,so I can spread Fertilizer and spray weeds without using marker flags.
Yes I guess small and big are relative terms. I agree I wouldn't mow a "lawn" with it but yard and right away "grass" areas I wouldn't hesitate.
So do you have the GPS hooked up to the steering or is just a guidance system?