• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Lathe & mill, North of Toronto

trlvn

Ultra Member
BusyBee B-244 lathe and B-240 milling machine.

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

Is this mill a predecessor to the RF-30 style mill? An internet search for this model number said the table is small but there is a good range of travel in X and Y.

The seller indicated that they are asking "$1k" for the milling machine. I didn't ask about the lathe. It is an estate sale situation and they seem to have little idea what they are selling.

https://www.kijiji.ca/o-profile/1012771454/listings/1

Craig

Gunner

Hello Craig,
I ended up buying both the of these the guys dad was a mill rite for over 40 years. Some of the things I got a very good deal other things were priced higher then new. I’m happy with what I paid but I’m going to sell the lathe and get a standard modern one. So if anyone wants the lathe it comes with 2 3 jaw chucks with 2 sets of clamps also a 4 jaw chuck I paid $1500 asking same runs awesome thanks

trlvn

Ultra Member
Welcome to forum, @Gunner . How is the mill working for you? Does the data plate say when it was built? What is the red/black thing sticking up out of the top? R8 or MT spindle? Did it come with a vise or clamping kit? Any other notable goodies?

Craig

Gunner

I haven’t used it yet. That was just some light sitting on there. I don’t think it’s been used much at all. I think it has a Morris taper style spindle abut I’ll keep you updated as I find out more. But it runs perfectly I just wish it had a wider table

Gunner

H have noticed a major problem when I started to work on my mill yesterday the drill cuck came out easy it’s a mt#4 but I couldn’t get the collet nut to move at att. I’m going to today take the spindle out and see if I’m missing something or if I might have to get a new spindle. Does anyone know ware I could find one if that is one strips or if there is other issues ?? Is ran the machine with a 7/16 end mill and it ran perfectly. I’m totally new to your form if I’m posting in the wrong section would you kindly let me know and if possible send it to the right spot. Thanks

Gunner

Ya no problem I would like to know if anyone makes a mt32 collet bar to change out the original bar. Pictures shortly

Gunner

I’m unable to remove this nut. There was a keyed chuck on a taper that came out but I can not get that nut loose. I was wondering if anybody’s is aware of a replacement spindle that I can take that one out and put a MT32 collet one in. Thanks
Gunner

Attachments

• 99CCE032-0423-4C30-A603-088E6B0A42D4.jpeg
    99CCE032-0423-4C30-A603-088E6B0A42D4.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 14
  • D696F85B-FF3B-4CA6-A533-849DB6C48701.jpeg
    D696F85B-FF3B-4CA6-A533-849DB6C48701.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 14
  • CB3410A0-1097-4BB9-958B-9E07F8AE2655.jpeg
    CB3410A0-1097-4BB9-958B-9E07F8AE2655.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 12