Lathe Habegger J102 Swiss metal lathe CA$1,500 Cornwall Ont.

trevj

Ultra Member
Jeebuz, but I have seen a 111 Tripan Tool post sell (not that I was paying that!)for more than the ask for this lathe!

It's not a "be all to end all" kind of machine, but still, a pretty good buy, IMO!

Pretty good, second operation lathe! Just need to know what the spindle bore and taper is!

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Jeebuz, but I have seen a 111 Tripan Tool post sell (not that I was paying that!)for more than the ask for this lathe!

He does say no tooling included, so I'm guess it doesn't come with it.

I've got the 5C version of it, pretty rare as far as I can tell. They are a superb lathe, essentially a Schaublin (parts are interchangeable and Habegger worked for Schaublin).

As Trev suggests, an ideal second lathe/second op lathe (you need power feed and thread cutting for the first lathe). Next to no runout, spindle mounted collets and you just pull the whole slide rest off and out of harms way for polishing etc. Here's looking at the runout on mine

Kind of amazing these sell for as little as they do.

If you want a 102, I've a 20mm Schaublin w/ stand and ton of collets for sale a little more money. (keeping two and a couple of 70's, just don't need another)

Last edited: