• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Last minute auction find and score. Bridgeport Mill Parts

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I recently found out my friend Brian in the Guelph area has a crack in the belt housing of his Bridgeport Mill. Not totally tragic, but sad none the less.

So I started searching for a replacement and low and behold, my fastest find to date. When I found the lot the bid was at $50USD. The bidding went up above $100USD so I offered to contribute to the cost in order to get one set of belt housing parts. I may mirror polish them or shot blast them to matte finish and then anodize them to have on hand for when we rebuilt our Mill's head.

So we have three 2J head belt housings (one spare to sell), 3 bull gears, 2 gear housings, and a couple parts I dont know.

d8f75a57-79af-4dd7-95a1-b1d101302f70.webp

2c34505f-4b00-48f6-a146-b1d1012d013f.webp
so

Back