• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Large machine shop auction in Edmonton closing tomorrow

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/au...ogue-id-bscfo10031?archivesearch=False&page=1

Remember to add 13% premium and GST on top of that - so multiply prices by 20%. Also remember that the current price has to be bid higher then you by certain step - it can be as high as 250 CAD more for say items over 5000.

Some items high some items low. I think the milling machine for example they have for a whopping 8500+ is way, way too high. Mid sized shaper for 2100+ is also out there. But some items are still resonably priced.

I would definitely buy some stuff at current prices but with drive to Edmonton the math starts to be a bit off.

Crankit

Lots of cool things for sale for commercial shops but pricey for the home guy...that Fort Worth mill is $40G new

Brent H

Ultra Member
I could use the rotary table centre in 64A (the one with the tag on it) but I found most of the prices well outside the realm of what might be reasonable. Some of the drills etc even seemed a bit high but hey, they are getting good coin for someone.

Brent H

Ultra Member
Yep,

But judging by the size of them and some of the other lathe gear they are selling it would seem they are coming from some bigger lathes - The chucks I think are all in the 16" plus category. The milling holders are all CAT40 and 50 so even too big for my Bridgeport sitting at NMTB 30.

Looks like the lathes for sale are 16" 24" etc so some big tooling - definitely not a typical home hobby type thing.

Some of the other items - like the tool boxes seem to be quite costly too for something that looks pretty worn. $250 for a drawer of small taps....hmmmmm......I have way more than enough small taps than to put $250 into used stuff that would be only a few different sizes. I guess the rotary table centre is 63A...oops.

They also seem to be separating stuff out like that - that would suck to buy the rotary table and then not be able to get the centre because it sold separate. Or a lathe and the original parts for the lathe are all separately auctioned off...

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I kind of marveled at the size and amount of chucks offered. Why would a shop have that many chucks?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
very enthusiastic buyers. interesting. A new kurt is expensive but $300 for a beat up old one? The GS ones still seem reasonable.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well I have issues mounting 10" 4 jaw or 12" 3 jaw. Anything bigger and you need to winch it on. In my 10" 4 jaw I can probably turn 14"- which is a lot. Cheap 16" could also have some other uses - but I am not driving to Edmonton for it. For 60 plus fees a 16" chuck is quite a deal. Heck they have multiple 12" for just 40 (!) The 16 looks like D1-8.

I could also use a new box for my radial arm drill. But at 225 plus fees its not cheap.

My milling machine takes 40 taper. Its 1 size smaller then that Forth Worth machine.

They have Darex for just 250! So very cheap. That is just touch more then consumer grade drill doctor.

Vises other then Kurt look cheap still - I mean 125 for a 6 inch vise plus fees is not bad - it is same price as Chinese POS.

Insert tool holders go for 10 plus fees - a bit pricey.

Agree that some drills are quite expensive. Agree that taps are way too expensive. Cannot price end mills as I cannot see what they are.

At least I know that my 8" Italian universal dividing head without chuck is around 600 - the fees are for the chuck.

Buyers are bidding a lot before the last minute - they are impatient / excited. Deals may be hard to come by.