Lantaine Lathe 12x36? $1500 West Kelowna BC

wmetfab

Well, It was a GREAT deal for me!!
This is my first post, I searched the name/model and eventually I ended up here.
Greetings to all :)

Ive wanted a small lathe like this, lusted actually... for some time now.
I used to have a Voest Alpine 2m machine I sold when I closed my business.

I was looking for a 14" wood bandsaw another small machine was lusting for, I had searched FB market place and found the one I was looking for in Peachland BC.

My Lady looked on their page to see what else they had to sell and there... lo and behold... was the lathe!! I got so excited i almost fell off the couch.
The only 2 items they had to sell, were EXACTLY the 2 machines I was looking for!

We contacted the owner on Tuesday evening, Wed evening viewed both the machines ageed to a deal and shook on it.

The owner never had the machine running, the motor was disconnected.
The machine was filthy with old oil and sawdust but everything seemed tight and otherwise very good condition.

I talked about the fact that I couldnt see the machine under power so he said make me an offer.
His ask was $1500, the bandsaw ask was originally $500 lowered to $200.
I got both machines for $1400! He was happy, I was very happy.

Yesterday, Saturday I drove up from Osoyoos with a friend in his pick up, loaded the machines and brought them home. Last night I started to clean it up. The ways are 95% as new minor discolor removed with varsol and steel wool, lead screw looks like brand new.

When I was in high school metalwork... 44 years ago in 1980,
I used the exact same lathe. There were a couple beat up old South bends, A San Yuen? And a Lantaine. Of them all I liked using it the best.

What are the chances that somone had both the machines i wanted...
and the exact lathe that I was visualizing... just over an hour away from me??
In the few days before finding the post , I could not stop
thinking about the machines I had wanted so badly.

This isnt the first time for me.
I have this manifestation thing going on... it sounds very wierd but its true.
I visualize in my mind and the item comes to me. I dont try to understand it, I just accept and roll with it. Its happened many, many times to me.

Just for good measure, as a victory lap, on the way home I picked up 2 exact same machine stands, $40 each for 2 exact same lapidary polishing machines I'm restoring working on.

A hell of a Saturday, and I am very grateful to the universal energy that is so good to me.

Sorry about the long message but I had to share the story.
Best regards to all

Rob

Pictures to come

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
AWESOME DEAL! Many hours of enjoyment there, at an unbelievable price.

Welcome to the forum.