• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Kuan Cho metal lathe. 10hp motor. 16.5in swing. $4K?

mickeyf

I'm mentioning this because 1) I know the owner is eager for the shop space and has lowered his asking price already, and 2) although it's probably larger than most hobby machinists want or have room for (which I mentioned to him), the flip side of that is that lathes this size and up are generally built for the professional rather than hobbyist market and are very well made. 3) While he has listed it on FB I don't think he knows this group exists ("I'm not a machinist.".) Despite what the ad still says, he does NOT have a knee mill for sale. (I have it now! ) I only saw the lathe out of the corner of my eye as it were, since I was there to look at the mill. On Vancouver island, south of Nanaimo.

Attachments

• Nigel's lathe.png
    Nigel's lathe.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 14