• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

King R8 Collet Set

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
My new mill came with a King so-called "R8 collet set". What it really looks to be isn't a set of R8 collets, but an R8 adapter to hold ER32 collets.
It's missing the 3/8", which of course I actually have tooling in.
Can anyone confirm that this KCS-R8-15 is actually ER32?
Alternately I might just get a 3/8 R8 collet and use that directly. Though the incomplete set is a touch jarring.

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Title states KBC? I suspect you have a R8-ER32 Chuck, with collets. Odd that 3/8 would be missing? 3/8 is pretty common.

Last edited:

Tecnico

(Dave)
Premium Member
Can anyone confirm that this KCS-R8-15 is actually ER32?
@PaulL You can ID the ER type series you have by comparing key dimensions to the values in this table: ER Style Collet Table

To my surprise I found that I had inherited a holder and small set of SYOZ 25 collets. My reactions was what the heck is a SYOZ? Apparently, they're also known as RD035 which still didn't tell me much. BTW, if anyone has some loose SYOZ 25 collets gathering dust I'd like to talk as I have some holes in the "set".

Oh, and I also have a single TG 100 in 3/8" if anyone has the need.

D:cool:

Aliva

Super User
I bought a King 9x42 mill which came with a set of collets. I thought they were ER 32, turns out they were SYOZ .
The photo doesn't show the entire collet so its hard to tell, it also states that they are R8 nowhere does it mention ER series.
So be wary

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
I bought a King 9x42 mill which came with a set of collets. I thought they were ER 32, turns out they were SYOZ .
The photo doesn't show the entire collet so its hard to tell, it also states that they are R8 nowhere does it mention ER series.
So be wary
This is the content I'm here for. Yes, the box says R8, but that's only the holder. The collets themselves are certainly not R8. To my limited eye maybe ER32, but I'll check against the SYOZ dimensions now.