Kijiji 100 mile house Lathe and Mills

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
The mill at $1500 looks very much like the busy bee CX603 @ $5900 but it's actually from harbour freight https://www.harborfreight.com/vertical-milling-machine-40939.html?_br_psugg_q=milling+machine and weighs in at 600 lbs not 900ish. So it must be smaller in height/width or perhaps column thickness etc? Hard to tell though not many specs on the harbour freight site. New from harbour freight would be $2500 CAD. So 1000 off seems reasonable but is that mill any good? That is not very much money for a new mill. 100 mile house is pretty far in the winter too... Anybody ever seen on of these in person?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Doesn't mention any tooling but it still looks like a decent price as long as you're not expecting a BP.
100 mile house is pretty far
Don't be such a wuss,,lol, it's like going to Toronto. Shouldn't be anymore than a couple hundred $ to ship it to the Calgary area.

The mill at $1500 looks very much like the busy bee CX603 @ $5900 but it's actually from harbour freight https://www.harborfreight.com/vertical-milling-machine-40939.html?_br_psugg_q=milling+machine and weighs in at 600 lbs not 900ish. So it must be smaller in height/width or perhaps column thickness etc? Hard to tell though not many specs on the harbour freight site. New from harbour freight would be $2500 CAD. So 1000 off seems reasonable but is that mill any good? That is not very much money for a new mill. 100 mile house is pretty far in the winter too... Anybody ever seen on of these in person?

About 10 hour drive Calgary-100Mi House if the roads arent bad. Its a long drive in 1 day (one way) for sure.

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I own a busybee model cx602 and from my internet research before purchasing my mill....the harbor freight milling machine is very similar in dimensions but is made in China as opposed to Taiwan like the cx602/603 was/is. It also appears quality control is much more hit n miss on the harbor freight mill. However the cx603 and the cx602 and the harbor freight machines are not the same. The Cx603 is a bigger machine 8x30 as opposed to the other two being 6x26 machines. The cx603 also gains added weight from its cast iron base which the other two do not have. My feeling is that the harbour freight machine is not quite as nice as the cx602 in terms of finish and quality but everything can be attractive at the right price. Often times a little bit of improvement in quality or finish can cost quite a bit.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I seems that the mill is no longer available.

Anybody ever seen on of these in person?

Yes, when I used to go to the US 2-3 times per month pre-COVID-19. They are pretty rough (like their mini lathe and their 7x12 bandsaws). Lots of sharp edges, flashing and even sand particles left from casting. Can’t speak for their functionality as one can not try them out in the stores. As a matter of fact, they are mechanically disabled so you can’t move anything and are either bolted or chained to the floor or shelf. This disabling of any moving parts goes right across all their displayed items - must be a liability thing: one could after all pinch a finger or something...

I would consider a mill, lathe, bandsaw, etc. from HF a ”project” that needs a complete tear down, cleaning, de-burring, and re-assembly before use. BB machines are worlds better in comparison.

Just my 2C.

Clearcutter

I read a few reviews as well. Looks like it’s similar but not up to the same quality as the Cx603. Interesting though for sure!
Even the round column with power feed he has for sale at $1100 wouldn’t be a bad buy if it’s the the King model from KMS and used as little as it says.
I’m only 3.5 hours away. I can keep them warm in my shop till whoever wants to come get them:)

Clearcutter

He didn’t respond to me, but he did respond to a friend and said one guy bought both mills and the lathe. I’m guessing it was a dealer or someone reselling. I’ll bet anything we’ll see them up for sale in Vancouver Craigslist next week

Crankit

He didn’t respond to me, but he did respond to a friend and said one guy bought both mills and the lathe. I’m guessing it was a dealer or someone reselling. I’ll bet anything we’ll see them up for sale in Vancouver Craigslist next week

I wonder if we will see them on Lenmark's website soon?

I think it's the same seller who had the whole lot for $20G but also included a surface grinder

Last edited: