• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

KERRY 1124 LATHE FOR SALE, $3,000:00 firm

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Due to my age and ongoing health issues it has come time for me to let my KERRY Lathe find a new home. Same idea as my Naked Lady.

According to the Serial Number 10.5.2698 it was manufactured in England October 1965 and purchased in Regina 1966/67. Comes with a package of accessories many new some original. Hopefully my string of photos will put all this into perspective. Yes the lathe is resting on a 54"x18" 2"x 6" mobile dolly c/w swivel castors with breaks, it's included in the package.

All-Up Weight (best guesstimate) an easy 1,000 pounds likely more with c/w accessories.

On viewing my thumbnail photos:
#1. lathe c/w mobile dolly and 3 jaw 7.5 inch diameter BURNERD chuck made in England
#2. new ACCUSIZE brand QCTP set
#3. storage locker with 2 keys
#4. gear cabinet cover, off/on power switch with main lock out switch at the rear
#5. gear cabinet cover removed, yes that's a new drive belt
#6. 1.5 HP US made motor wired for 220 Volts single phase
#7. another pic of the mobile dolly
#8. leveling bolts after lathe placed in position
#9, #10, #11. "L" style spindle nose chuck attachment, c/w protector board for HARDENED BEDWAYS, plus wrench
#12. #13. KERRY factory taper attachment
#14. follow rest sitting in position (home made)
#15. T nuts and bolts for the cross slide
#16. steady rest (home made)
#17. #18. #19. 4 jaw chuck 8 inch diameter VIETOR OKOBAYASHI made in Japan c/w 2 keys
#20. #21. new BXA QCTP set from ACCUSIZE with extra tool holders, boring bar holder, parting holder blade included, Knurling tool,
boring, turning & facing tool holders each 2, extra inserts and screws
#22. adaptor for turning between centers, home made turret tool holder, jaws for the 3 jaw chuck, and 2 metric gears to change from
imperial
#23. new 1/32"-5/8" keyless chuck c/w arbor from ACCUSIZE, new 5/8" keyed chuck (old arbor), spindle sleeve, hard nose center, 2
standard centers, 3/4" & 1" dog legs, 2-3 Morse taper shank drill attachment, left the live center in it's box, sorry about that
#24. here we go live center out of the box, phew!

KERRY Lathe Service manual from England.

IMG_0074-transformed.jpegIMG_0074-transformed.jpegIMG_0075-transformed.jpegIMG_0076-transformed .jpegIMG_0077-transformed.jpegIMG_0078-transformed.jpegIMG_0079-transformed.jpegIMG_0080-mS61-NFxO-transformed.jpegIMG_0081-transformed.jpegIMG_0082-transformed.jpegIMG_0083-transformed.jpegIMG_0084-transformed.jpegIMG_0085-transformed.jpegIMG_0086-transformed.jpegIMG_0087-transformed.jpegIMG_0088-rMj56wwM0-transformed.jpegIMG_0089-transformed.jpegIMG_0090-Nra-7lB-M-transformed.jpegIMG_0091-transformed.jpegIMG_0092-transformed.jpegIMG_0093-transformed.jpegIMG_0094-bM4OmlZYB-transformed.jpegIMG_0095-transformed.jpegIMG_0096-transformed.jpeg

Interested members simply PM me, enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0097-transformed.jpeg
    IMG_0097-transformed.jpeg
    385.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hey now partner, don't regret it simply drive down and pick it up. Think on that while attending church or watching over the ladies.

Would rather have a forum member pick it up than some unknown through Kijiji, that being my last consideration.
Hey wasn't it 2024 you said you were going to road trip out to the coast. I have a brave and cunning plan.

I have seen the lathe while I was picking up the Mill. It looked to be in great shape. The mill I purchased from Bill was in excellent shape and he went through all the equipment that was included and how to operate the machine. The Mill was very clean and oiled ready for use. If I had the room (and the free cash) I would be looking at adding this to my shop. Glad to hear you will still have your other equipment to continue with the hobby.

Hey now partner, don't regret it simply drive down and pick it up. Think on that while attending church or watching over the ladies.
I don't attend church services, to many ways to end up in hell so i just do my own thing. :) The girls are one reason my toy funds are severely restricted.:(

I don't attend church services, to many ways to end up in hell so i just do my own thing. :) The girls are one reason my toy funds are severely restricted.:(

Understood, nothing wrong with doing your own thing, was only teasing my friend. Take good care of the girls and behave! LOL

To each their own as to church or not, wish who gets the lathe enjoys it and you Dusty keep your hand in as can.

As of lunch time today meaning Tuesday 9th of July 2024 my KERRY lathe is winging it' way to it's new home a short distance south of Regina. Drive carefully guys and have a safe trip. Many thanks to @Doggggboy and Les for helping me out in the clutch, it's an inside joke folks. LOL

Hopefully Les the now proud owner of said KERRY lathe will become a new forum member.

Photo 1. Les

Photo 2. Les standing to the side with @Doggggboy tying the knots rear of trailer.

Actually I had a shot list of potential byers and that really surprised me with Les being first on the list.

Happy machining Les, play safe!

Time to get out my crying towel again.

Attachments

• IMG_0103-transformed.jpeg
    IMG_0103-transformed.jpeg
    540.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0106-transformed.jpeg
    IMG_0106-transformed.jpeg
    651.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back