• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

KENT KGS-200 6" x 14" SURFACE GRINDER, $2000, Burnaby, BC

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
1bba6e60-8d58-4f15-8570-c3226bbaf47d

@Ironman ....... I would contact this guy and inquire about his machine. Looks clean, is still local to you and might be the cheaper option to get a running grinder, especially with the other guy being somewhat prickish.......

Ironman

Ultra Member
Thanks mowerman, I just sent him a request. I don't know much about these, but Taiwan makes good stuff, in general. The 3phase probably scares some people. I've got a 14 hr drive to go get it so I think 14k is as high as I want to go. I will burn 3 tanks of diesel and the $1.10 fuel stops at the border and the gets into the BC ridiculousness. My first cheap fuel tank will go 950 km and I would have to fuel at Kamloops and then top up there on the way out. So all in cost will be 1900 if I sleep in the truck

Thanks mowerman, I just sent him a request. I don't know much about these, but Taiwan makes good stuff, in general. The 3phase probably scares some people. I've got a 14 hr drive to go get it so I think 14k is as high as I want to go. I will burn 3 tanks of diesel and the $1.10 fuel stops at the border and the gets into the BC ridiculousness. My first cheap fuel tank will go 950 km and I would have to fuel at Kamloops and then top up there on the way out. So all in cost will be 1900 if I sleep in the truck
Damn..... For some reason I was thinking that you already in the lower mainland....... I know, I know,I am supposed to know better, but what can I say, my memory sucks.... The one at Lenmark I think is already in Alberta, although listed in BC.....

Ironman

Ultra Member
@Ironman, how do you expect to get it onto and out of the truck box?

-- gas cans to save money?
I have a jockey 450 liter jockey tank but a 6 ft box and that would mean I couldn't get them both in the box. I may have to hire a machine to lift it, but on my end I have a fork lift, excavator and front end loader to move things with. I also think the dirty grinder is more the size I want, but dealing with assholes gets me lathered.

Ironman

Ultra Member
Damn..... For some reason I was thinking that you already in the lower mainland....... I know, I know,I am supposed to know better, but what can I say, my memory sucks.... The one at Lenmark I think is already in Alberta, although listed in BC.....
You have the CRS disease, common to old people. You got a link to that Lenmark?

Ironman

Ultra Member
Oh... this guy.
@140mower, You think this is in Alberta? Well, I don't do FeceBook so I can't check that.

Did some Kent investigation That model is obsolete but I and found a manual. In stead of the hydraulics for the back and forth stroke, they are using a cable and as they say, it stretches and the feed gets jerky. I'm not thrilled with that drive system, it works ok for sawmill headrig but that's not precision equipment.
Just checked the Kent unit, Sold.

This is the one that is supposed to be in Alberta..... You will never see me post a "fecebook" link. I might like it when someone's posted a picture, but that's as far as I can go prior to vomiting.....o_O

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
On m
Oh... this guy.
@140mower, You think this is in Alberta? Well, I don't do FeceBook so I can't check that.

Did some Kent investigation That model is obsolete but I and found a manual. In stead of the hydraulics for the back and forth stroke, they are using a cable and as they say, it stretches and the feed gets jerky. I'm not thrilled with that drive system, it works ok for sawmill headrig but that's not precision equipment.
Just checked the Kent unit, Sold.
My Parker Majestic had 3/4" wide steel bands to drive the table, basically like steel strapping used on crates, but a bit thinner. Worked great. Cables I'd be leery of.