• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Kent & Forward surface grinders auction closing in 3 hours. $375 and $350

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
current bids $150 bucks and $375

Too good a deal... god why dont I have more space.

I'm pretty sure these came from GovDeals site and Georgian College and were bought buy single buyer who had them on kijiji for months

img.axd

img.axd

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
current bids $150 bucks and $375

Too good a deal... god why dont I have more space.

I'm pretty sure these came from GovDeals site and Georgian College and were bought buy single buyer who had them on kijiji for months

Its 200 and 400 now. I have a feeling that just not the right people are in this auction or there will be more of a bidding frenzy closer to close time.
Notice they have RF-30 mill for 1400 few lots over - this is not cheap at all for auction, especially in ON.

Yes, if this was closer I would go for it - even through I already have a surface grinder. This two are almost NEW.

Other prices in this auction seem high even by AB standard - few things were cheaper.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Its 200 and 400 now. I have a feeling that just not the right people are in this auction or there will be more of a bidding frenzy closer to close time.
Notice they have RF-30 mill for 1400 few lots over - this is not cheap at all for auction, especially in ON.

Yes, if this was closer I would go for it - even through I already have a surface grinder. This two are almost NEW.

Other prices in this auction seem high even by AB standard - few things were cheaper.
I have one too...

We seem have these come up often at auction for very good prices

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
same auction has a crossfire cnc plasma table with a 1200 bid. New they're only 1400 USD. The plasma cutter is at $950 new ones are 1500 USD

people's priorities are whack

Rauce

Ultra Member
I’m not a gambler but if I was I’d put money on it that both these machines will sell for over 1000.

Still a good deal but not good enough for me to rearrange my weekend and plead for forgiveness .

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I’m not a gambler but if I was I’d put money on it that both these machines will sell for over 1000.

Still a good deal but not good enough for me to rearrange my weekend and plead for forgiveness .

They had a snow thrower go for 1100 plus fees (!) And these go for touch more new.

So I do think that it should go for over a 1000. But hey, you never know!

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well, they went for quite good price if you needed one. Remember these are almost new units. Older stuff may be much cheaper but its bearings may not be in such a good shape. These are precision instruments so wear is of more importance than on say lathe or a mill.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Well, they went for quite good price if you needed one. Remember these are almost new units. Older stuff may be much cheaper but its bearings may not be in such a good shape. These are precision instruments so wear is of more importance than on say lathe or a mill.
They do look like nice pieces of gear but again one has to have a reason to have one and the space for it.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I dont understand why the people who over pay at these private auctions dont buy from govdeals where grinders are always half the price like this Chevalier that closed tonight for $660

I was going to buy it but I just cant face moving another machine for at least a month

6536_247_1.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I dont understand why the people who over pay at these private auctions dont buy from govdeals where grinders are always half the price like this Chevalier that closed tonight for $660

I bought 10 Dell mini computers from gov deals today for 130 bucks. Intel I7 4760, 16gb ram, 500gb hard drives. Local. I love gov deals.

I noticed that Govdeals does not allow foreign bids..... That's a game changer!

The biggest single hit to local farm auctions when they went on-line during covid was the huge onslaught of foreign buyers - 10x the population all buying in US dollars. Great deals virtually disappeared over night!

I asked a local auctioneer when they would be going back to live in-person auctions. He said "NEVER".

By excluding US buyers, I think Govdeals makes it possible to still get a decent deal on surplus stuff. I plan to watch them much more closely!

Oh ya, and @Darren.....

btw_you_suck_yard_sign (1).jpg

And apparently Chuck Ugly Too!

Last edited:

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I noticed that Govdeals does not allow foreign bids..... That's a game changer!

The biggest single hit to local farm auctions when they went on-line during covid was the huge onslaught of foreign buyers - 10x the population all buying in US dollars. Great deals virtually disappeared over night!

I asked a local auctioneer when they would be going back to live in-person auctions. He said "NEVER".

By excluding US buyers, I think Govdeals makes it possible to still get a decent deal on surplus stuff. I plan to watch them much more closely!

Oh ya, and @Darren.....

View attachment 33553

And apparently Chuck Ugly Too!
They only selectively block foreign purchasers.

In most cases they do not.

I'm frikken kicking myself today, what a stupid lazy move that was not getting that surface grinder for myself. Sure I dont have space, but that is what storage lockers are for.