Kennedy Tool Chest Cobble Hill BC

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

$190, comes with misc tools, taps and dies etc.​

00q0q_3oMnVuPyj4i_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I must be in a cynical mood. I see maybe 100$ value here, tops. but 75$ is what I'd pay for what I can see in the pics. I got 2 of the larger apprentice boxes for 50$ each. Prolly genuine value was 75$ each. this is the smaller box, with the older corners, from the 40s.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I must be in a cynical mood. I see maybe 100$ value here, tops. but 75$ is what I'd pay for what I can see in the pics. I got 2 of the larger apprentice boxes for 50$ each. Prolly genuine value was 75$ each. this is the smaller box, with the older corners, from the 40s.
Oh I thought the box itself was worth $100? No wonder I have no money.

I'll look in the other drawers later........ I'm on the island this week..... I might have over paid, but other boxes, perhaps a little cleaner that I have seen in these parts has been over two hundred and they've been empty. So, I needed more taps, and another box, so....... Now I don't. :p

I hope there's a tesa or interapid indicator in the box. Good Hunting!
Sadly I know that there's not, but I do have a few trinkets at home to store in it.... As I recall there's not much of value beyond taps and drawers..... Besides that, I had a good chuckle and visit with the fellow that was selling it and it was a good reason to stop by and see some family that I don't see much of on the way back. :cool:

As a side note, it was located in a gated community and I was rolling in with my '78 Ford f350 which is fondly known as the "redneck lincoln"...... Before I left, I joked with him that I could see myself living in a gated community in a few years as well..... But the gates likely will swing in the opposite direction.....:eek::p

The age is good to know. I don't know anything about these as far as dating them, or much else for that matter. But it being somewhat "period correct" for most of the tools in my shop makes it that much better.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I think I'm good there. Have an old steel carpenter's square w/ my grandfather's initials stamped into it, from nineteen and five.

OMG! What I would not do to have a personalized tool like that from my grandpa.......

You are soooooo lucky!

JustaDB

Ultra Member
OMG! What I would not do to have a personalized tool like that from my grandpa.......

You are soooooo lucky!
Thank you! I think so, too. I never actually met him. He died in a firearms related accident when Mom was 11. I also have an old Union No 5 jack plane w/ his initials stamped in it, as well. It needs a bit of work & a couple pieces to make it complete.