• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Kennedy 8 Drawer: Did I do OK?

The tap handles seem very nice. Mitu vernier and a butterfield 0-1 Mic. lots of odds and ends.

I just hope its not stolen, lol.

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
It's funny, I picked up a similar Kennedy a year or so back and it was filled with many of the same tools. The protractor for example.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Tools are worth, as per picture, at most $100 CAD. But the boxes are seen by many as a high value item, so one can say they are worth at least 200. Certainly the box is worth more then 100.

Tools are worth, as per picture, at most $100 CAD. But the boxes are seen by many as a high value item, so one can say they are worth at least 200. Certainly the box is worth more then 100.
I wasnt expecting any tools. I just wanted a decent little toolbox to store my growing collection of dial indicators, mics, machinists squares, etc - they are getting bashed up in my roller cabinet with my 'normal' tools or spread out in various stashes around the shop.

I do like the 'provenance' of having a (hopefully) retired machinists box to use, even if just as a hobbyist.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Keep all those items !!
The tap wrenches and vernier calipers will add up pretty quickly to $200. I cannot tell if the taps are any good but the amount of gauges and scales you show are worth a lot more when you start using them.
The box may be nice but you have a lot more value in the contents. Clean and Care will just add more value.

garball

Picked up a Kennedy 8 drawer off Kijiji today, $200 (YYC). Box itself shows some mild/medium wear, no dents tho (small paint spatters, drawers a little loose, chrome handles surface rust, etc). There is cardboard lining every drawer and under the felt is in really nice shape.
View attachment 20881View attachment 20882View attachment 20883View attachment 20884View attachment 20885View attachment 20886View attachment 20887
Wow, that’s a great deal. I sold a 7 drawer Kennedy with a 2 drawer bottom chest in good condition for $600 last fall and that’s empty!

Everett

Super User
I think you did well! The Kennedys are great tool boxes, but seldom come up for reasonable prices around there that I've seen, so all my stuff is in the prestigious Mastercraft clearance-sale mechanics' top boxes and roller cabinets, lol.

Given what I've seen trashed import tool boxes go for at auction recently, you IMHO you did very well!