• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

KBC stub length drill set

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought these a while ago & I am quite impressed overall. Its the KBC house brand which can sometimes be iffy, but I think this particular set is euro made. Usually I am a tool snob when it comes to drills. I like Precision Twist USA but the price is getting up there. I'm not sure if its the short length, more rigidity or just plain good tip geometry but I think I could have made a continuous chip for 3/4" depth. This is 0.500" drill in 12L14. In hindsight I personally would buy stub length as my first go-to set. The vast majority of times I don't drill anywhere deep enough to justify jobber length, but I guess that depends on your work. But you do get the benefit of rigidity & potential reduced runout if its decent quality. The drill case was nothing to write home about. Most of the numbers are hidden so you have to remove a drill in front to see the value behind it.

Attachments

• IMG_2142_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_2142_edited-1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2143_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_2143_edited-1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 0

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Model number & current price. They offer a numbered set as well. Sometimes they come on sale or wait for discount code.

Attachments

• SNAG-11-12-2019 0000.jpg
    SNAG-11-12-2019 0000.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1

John Conroy

Premium Member
I bought that set as well. The index box is junk but the drill bits are as good as the Dormer ones I have. A great deal I think.

Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sorry I brought the wrong set (numbered) set today John. The numbered drills look virtually identical to the fractional set. Note they are 135-deg split point (vs. more typical 118-deg) if that makes a difference to you. I haven't seen a metric stubbies offerred in a set like these, but looks like the drills can be purchased individually in progressive incremental sizes at KBC/other vendors, which is kind of odd. Unfortunately the case itself is sized for these length. I think using a jobber case might not work.

Attachments

• SNAG-11-17-2019 0004.jpg
    SNAG-11-17-2019 0004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
  • SNAG-11-17-2019 0005.jpg
    SNAG-11-17-2019 0005.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0