• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Just outside Ottawa

Getting back into metal work after a long time away. Did my apprenticeship nearly 30 years ago and never did anything with it. Figure I'd give it another go....small lathe, small mill, forge and anvil. Tool resto's, knives, gun/reloading stuff....maybe a droid or three....probably a light-sabre (I choose not to act my age!).

trlvn

Ultra Member
Welcome from Oakville! We like pictures here if you want to share.

What kind of lathe and mill have you got?

Hmmm...with the name "Darth Zima", maybe you're into cosplay. In that case, maybe we don't need pictures! ;)

Craig

deleted_user

Super User
Getting back into metal work after a long time away. Did my apprenticeship nearly 30 years ago and never did anything with it. Figure I'd give it another go....small lathe, small mill, forge and anvil. Tool resto's, knives, gun/reloading stuff....maybe a droid or three....probably a light-sabre (I choose not to act my age!).

Welcome from TO

Sorry...no cosplay here....just an old scifi/fantasy geek

Craftex CX600 Mill (technically Mill/Drill) and a LMS 5200 ...... big enough to play with but not big enough to get into any real trouble.

trlvn

Ultra Member
Welcome from farm country south of Chatham Ontario.

What is cosplay? I think I do need pictures.

Cosplay:
dce770e3bab717c8b4c93af3478eae1a1ae97a9dr1-1365-2048v2_hq.jpg

Welcome, from an hour south.
Sounds like a nice start in the shop set up.
I have a lathe, I’m still shopping for a mill, and the wife said no to the forge. Afraid I’ll burn something down.
My wife feels exactly the same ( with, admittedly, some justification...) ....which is why I sorta forgot to mention it before I got it..... I have the "I am sure talked to you about it ..." speech perfected.