Just an Intro.

DavyDee

Hi all, I’m Dave and whilst I’m originally from the UK, we moved to Canada in 2003. My first Canadian Job was in Calgary where I opened and managed the Busy Bee Tools Store.

We moved from the city in 2005 to an acreage a few miles east of Stavely where I hung up a shingle for my Gunsmithing business, just Part Time while still employed by BBT as VP of Sales.

Enjoying the Gunsmithing more than the near 300 km daily commute.

I own a Craftex CT089 13 x 24 Lathe which resides in my basement shop and regret not buying a 40” Lathe daily, although getting a 40” down the stairs would have presented way too many problems.

I recently bought a B1977 Mill/Drill, again a compromise because of my shop location but it works great for me and my buddy and I will be converting it to Variable Speed soon so as to do away with those really painful belt swaps for speed changes.

Looking forward to drawing on the wealth of knowledge that these place invariably attract.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario Farm Country. I grow rocks on my farm

Glad to have you on board.

You might want to search the forum for Busy Bee to get a sense for the problems and the successes that some of our members have had. I don't have a busy bee machine myself, so I think I can reasonably say that most members on here seem to like their busy bee machines. But there are a few horror stories too.

A 40 seems to be the sweet spot in my mind too. Glad I didn't have to contend with any stairs...... LOL!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from Southern Alberta. I look forward to you sharing your metal working projects and experiences with us.