Junque Reduction

kstrauss

I am trying to reduce my shop clutter. All items are rust free and in Cobourg, Ontario (about 100km east of Toronto on Lake Ontario). No shipping but I could bring items to the April meetup.

Stuart V10 castings. Complete set in original sealed package. See https://www.stuartmodels.com/product/stuart-10v-unmachined/ For detailed machining instructions you may want “Building a Vertical Steam Engine” (https://www.amazon.ca/Building-Vertical-Steam-Engine-Castings/dp/1857610962/) $100 (current price is £122 + shipping + duty + HST)

Approximately 100 issues of Model Engineers Workshop Magazine. Good condition with no pages removed. $100

6x8 un-machined extremely heavy duty (1-inch thick webs) right angle plate $30

½-inch genuine Albrecht keyless chuck (good condition) with ½-inch straight adapter $100

3/16-in Portomatic brand screw mount keyless chuck (new) $25

½-inch keyless chuck JT6 on R8 adapter $50

Bison 6¼ chuck backplate (Poland, un-threaded) $75

D1-3 camlock chuck backplates each $75

R8-ER25 adapter $30

R8-MT3 adapter $20

Dore 5-inch machinist vise castings from Model Engineering Services. Very well aged castings (vintage 1977) Complete with all parts and drawings. $50

3-inch boring head (Chinese) with R8 arbour $50

6-inch Phase-II horizontal/vertical rotary table $350

BusyBee 4x6 metal cutting bandsaw $350

Excalibur variable speed scroll saw on stand $350

Myford (UK made) dividing head with 4 plates $make offer
Myford (UK made) raising block for dividing head $make offer
Myford (UK made) taper attachment $make offer
Myford (UK made) vertical milling slide $make offer

kstrauss

And this is "shop clutter"?? What the stuff like that's being kept? You Ontario people have the good'er deals and picks!
This is mostly stuff that I bought in expectation of a bigger shop with bigger equipment and more free time after retirement. The little 4x6 bandsaw was replaced with a 7x12 ages ago. I use my Myford S7b daily but I haven't used the accessories in years. The D1-3 backplate came with a SetTru chuck. And...

kstrauss

Do you have pics of the vise castings?
The slide and bottom are ground. Jaws are ground on two sides. The nut is a rough bronze casting. Screw is machined. Base is about 4x10 overall.

Attachments

• Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00007.jpg
    Image00007.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00008.jpg
    Image00008.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 4

kstrauss

This is mostly stuff that I bought in expectation of a bigger shop with bigger equipment and more free time after retirement. The little 4x6 bandsaw was replaced with a 7x12 ages ago. I use my Myford S7b daily but I haven't used the accessories in years. The D1-3 backplate came with a SetTru chuck. And...
I can't figure out how to attach a photo to a PM so in response to a query I have attached a photo of the angle plate here. It has been claimed.

Attachments

• Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 6

kstrauss

Update to the Model Engineers Workshop magazines:
There are actually about 160 rather than 100 issues. The total weight is about 50 pounds so shipping via Canada Post to Saskatchewan requires two parcels with each costing about $42.78 + HST assuming that I've understood their website correctly and that I can find suitable boxes.

kstrauss

In response to several requests for photos of the D1-3 chuck plates please see below. They are about 5-inch diameter and came with a 5-inch Pratt-Bernard 3-jaw AdjustTru and a 5-inch Pratt-Bernard 6-jaw chuck.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 7
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 6

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
What a great time to do some ‘spring cleaning’. IMO those items are the opposite of ’junque’ but that was a good attention grabber :).
I’m guessing this means you are going to attend the meetup. Great! I’ll send you a PM.

I’m hoping others will follow your example by showing (in our classifieds) what you have to sell/trade and then offering to do the exchange at the meetup. This will make for a very successful swap meet and also speed up the process.

I still encourage attendees to simply just bring items to the swap meet. Easy-peasy.

kstrauss

Status update to for sale items:

Stuart V10 castings. Complete set in original sealed package. CLAIMED (bringing to meetup for payment)

Approximately 100 issues of Model Engineers Workshop Magazine. Good condition with no pages removed. SOLD

6x6 un-machined extremely heavy duty (1-inch thick webs) right angle plate CLAIMED (bringing to meetup for payment)

½-inch genuine Albrecht keyless chuck (good condition) with ½-inch straight adapter $100

3/16-in Portomatic brand screw mount keyless chuck (new) $25

½-inch keyless chuck JT6 on R8 adapter $50

Bison 6¼ chuck backplate (Poland, un-threaded) $75

D1-3 camlock chuck backplates each $75

R8-ER25 adapter $30

R8-MT3 adapter $20

Dore 5-inch machinist vise castings from Model Engineering Services. Very well aged castings (vintage 1977) Complete with all parts and drawings. $50

3-inch boring head (Chinese) with R8 arbour $50

6-inch Phase-II horizontal/vertical rotary table SOLD

BusyBee 4x6 metal cutting bandsaw $350

Excalibur variable speed scroll saw on stand $350

Myford (UK made) dividing head with 4 plates $make offer
Myford (UK made) raising block for dividing head $make offer
Myford (UK made) taper attachment $make offer
Myford (UK made) vertical milling slide $make offer