Other Joe Pie ?

Larry_C9

Super User
Premium Member
Does anyone know what has become of Joe Pie?
It must be a month and half since he has posted anything on his Youtube sight.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’ve noticed that all providers have slowed down or seem to have stopped producing much content it sounds like something You Tube created to me.
Even watching the videos on the You Tube homepage basically is a variation of “ same sh*t different day “.

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I’ve noticed that all providers have slowed down or seem to have stopped producing much content it sounds like something You Tube created to me.
Even watching the videos on the You Tube homepage basically is a variation of “ same sh*t different day “.
I've noticed the same. I believe I read somewhere YouTube has changed it's monetization formula making it hardly worth while for small tach content contributors. Media companies and political content seems to be the order of the day. SAD.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've noticed the same. I believe I read somewhere YouTube has changed it's monetization formula making it hardly worth while for small tach content contributors. Media companies and political content seems to be the order of the day. SAD.

I have a different version of sad.

It used to be I could google something and get 10 pages of relevant links.

Now, I google something and I get 10 pages of useless links to YouTube videos I don't want to watch.......

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Really doggggboy? This you being sarcastic? I don’t get it.
I tried a couple of searches and got some ok stuff followed by some YouTube videos. Then i did the exact same search + added YouTube at the end as you suggested- Got only YouTube crap.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
No.
If I search "Joe Pie -YouTube" there are zero YouTube videos in my search results.
You may still get video results from other sources like Facebook or Yahoo, but not YouTube.
Just to be clear, you type your search term followed by a space and then a minus sign followed by YouTube, (-YouTube)

Last edited:

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
OK thanks

I know nothing about honey bees

I did a search ‘raising honey bees’
Got some good info followed by some YouTube videos

Similar search ‘raising honey bees - YouTube’ got only YouTube videos

Similar search ‘raising honey bees - youtube’
Got lots of good stuff and ZERO YouTube.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
no no. not quite. there is no space after the minus. minus<search term> removes things that match the part after the minus from your search results.

search
dancing queen -britney

and search results that contain britney are removed. Please pardon my example. that's as bad as the polka dots on my grinder video.

Upnorth

Interesting that you mention political content. I have been getting a lot of that suggested to me on Youtube lately. I would rather see Joe Pie videos about how to set up accurate internal tapers.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
on topic of searches.....not a bad home page https://www.google.ca/advanced_search

Have a look, all these words, any of these words, none of these etc. (ends up the same in the search bar, e.g. -britney)

I like the domain restriction, usually much better way to search a forum. either use the advanced search or just define the site ...e.g. to search norton surface grinders just in this forum, enter norton surface grinder site:canadianhobbymetalworkers.com\

Interesting. I read an account of UT along the lines of what a stunning thing it was to all that such a huge media outlet was created by the community contributing free content. But if the lose the will of the contributors, it starts to fade.

Feels a bit like what kijiji did, lots and lots of little things (like capping the number of free ads in a section) made it a lot less friendly to list on yet there'd be no site without those users contributing the free content. imo, in part that really spurred the move for many to facebook (not me, still a proud FB hater lol)

Last edited:

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
no no. not quite. there is no space after the minus. minus<search term> removes things that match the part after the minus from your search results.

search
dancing queen -britney

and search results that contain britney are removed. Please pardon my example. that's as bad as the polka dots on my grinder video.
Ha!!! Learn something new every day. I just searched: funny videos -youtube
And sure enough, no Youtube videos, all TikTok and other garbage. Thank you!