ISO220 / ISO32 oil give-away

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I have a large quantity (6 55-gal drum barrels) of ISO 220 oil (one barrel has been opened), and about 30gal remaining in a 55GAL barrel of ISO-32 oil. The brand is Chevron and I took pictures of the labels.

I'd prefer to get rid of it by the barrel, but if you bring a container, I have a pump you can use to fill it. I will be moving/disposing of this by the end of September, but figured I would see if there are any takers in the Calgary area. I live just east of Calgary.

Incentive - you can keep the barrel w/lid!

This fell in my lap several years ago, when I had intentions of building a cast-iron capable waste-oil furnace. I use the ISO32 in my lathe headstock (and generally for hydraulic oil in some machines) and the ISO220 I find great for plain bearing service (drip type oilers).

How about you heat-treating fanatics? Climate change nay-sayers? Gravel road treatment? Let's get creative!

IMG_6271.jpeg

IMG_6270.jpeg

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
How about this Kevin: I’ll take all the oil to my place. That way you have one less thing to worry about.

I’ll leave your offer to members open that if they want some oil, they can bring their containers to my place and get it from here. That way they don’t have to deal with a full barrel / such a large quantity.

I have room to store the barrels.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Update - I found a single taker for all the oil (one of my neighbors) who will heat his shop for the winter with it. This simplified the logistics for me and it has 'left the building' so to speak.