Is the Accusize QCTP (AXA size) the same as what's available on Ali?

Noltez

Good Morning. I'm quite new to machining and have a SB 10K that I want a quick change post on. I'm starting from scratch so I need... well everything, so cost is a factor. Is there any difference between the Accusize pieces vs the direct import pieces? If they're the same, is there any advantage to buying the Accusize-branded post kit?

Thanks!

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
For me I believe Accusize products are well made although I really can't speak to other imported items. AXA, BXA, or whatever is a standard sizing for Quick Change Tool Posts and yes their tool holders are of good quality I use a number of them on my (Phase 11 AXA) set up. I deal direct with Accusize quite often have never been disappointed or returned a item and I'm a fussy old fart.

https://accusizetools.com/

Attachments

• 2021-2022-B Catalogue.pdf
    9.8 MB · Views: 11

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
I have an Accusize quick change tool post. I have ordered items from them and from other offshore sellers (Banggood mostly). I have not had any issues with the stuff from Accusize, and most of the items that I have gotten from Banggood are good as well, however I have had a couple items come from Banggood that looked like they sat on ocean dock before getting a coat of oil. They arrived oiled, but rusty and what I assume is casting sand caked to them.

Also, for some reason Accusize has better pricing on some items if you order through Amazon versus their own website.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I'm on my third Accusize QCTP set, OXA/ AXA/ BXA all wedge type and have been happy with all. I had a cheap offshore OXA and the Accusize is a much better build. Now granted I don't have a 100 years of machining behind me like some of the others on the site lol,(others - please take with the humour intended) but I'm happy with the brand.

Noltez

For some reason I can't quote. But

>The
8 PC WEDGE TYPE QUICK CHANGE TOOL POST SET
Is awfully temping...…...

This was my thought too. Faster shipping and I can support a local company even if it's a resell of an import.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

>The

This was my thought too. Faster shipping and I can support a local company even if it's a resell of an import.

Select Quote and then Reply. It's a two step operation.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice

>The

That is the set that I have. Still not enough tool holders but it is a good start. ;)

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Short answer is yes 95% of the time. They are identical. Accusize one has its name on theirs being the only difference.

Buy one that is cheaper.

There are few similar companies to accusize around and few more sophisticated. They are in the US.

Noltez

Thanks for the replies. I've ordered the Accusize 6pc kit and a spare tool holder, plus some carbide holders. Should get me started. Also realized that weird "plum Bob" looking thing in my old tool box is actually a dead center.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Tom had some size issues with random tool holders. I have alway found my accusize tool holders to fit my BXA as well as a real Aloris. I think it is worth it to give them the quality control. Besides - my accusize tool holders were only 1$ extra from the bangood/ali express price. Perhaps the difference is greater now?

Noltez

I've just realized the Accusize warehouse is less than an hour from my house, so there's extra incentive to order from them again next time. I really don't mind paying a reasonable premium for a retailer to do the legwork of bringing a product in, doing a little QC on it and branding it as 'theirs'. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until after I placed my order with Amazon. Live and learn.

Right now the cheapest I'm seeing 101 or 102 holders is eight for $141 shipped but I expect I'd get dinged for customs too. That puts them at $17.50 a piece. If I wanted like a dozen, maybe. But I'd call Accu first and ask if they can do a quantity discount before I made a direct purchase.