• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Introduction

Pinzgauer

Good day to you all
I would like to introduce myself. I am a retired machinist I worked for many years in aviation after I did my apprenticeship in Switzerland. Since my retirement I enjoy building things in my shop. During my working life I had to make parts for others now I make things I like to make. I have a 9 inch utilylathe I got second hand from a school a few years ago. I also have a Tormach 1100 series 3 milling machine.
All the best

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Welcome from Saskatchewan.
My dad added some Pinzgauers to the cattle herd in the 70's.
The stripes were cute but the damn things climbed like mountain goats.
It was a regular thing to go feed the cattle and have to chase them off the top of the 12 foot tall haystack behind an 8 foot fence.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome nice to have you here. We love to see pictures of projects that interest you.

Pinzgauer

Welcome from Saskatchewan.
My dad added some Pinzgauers to the cattle herd in the 70's.
The stripes were cute but the damn things climbed like mountain goats.
It was a regular thing to go feed the cattle and have to chase them off the top of the 12 foot tall haystack behind an 8 foot fence.
Well that is a very interesting story about the Pinzgauers. My Pinzgauers are trucks made in the Pinzgau in Austria by Steyr Puch. They clime like you describe and now I know why they choose the name for the trucks. Fortunately for me they always need some care since they are 50 years old collector trucks. A mix between an aircraft and a Porsche that looks like a brick.

Attachments

• E6E88738-DAB0-4CF2-B9E7-8E820A432724.jpeg
    E6E88738-DAB0-4CF2-B9E7-8E820A432724.jpeg
    714.4 KB · Views: 9

Chip Maker

Super User
Well that is a very interesting story about the Pinzgauers. My Pinzgauers are trucks made in the Pinzgau in Austria by Steyr Puch. They clime like you describe and now I know why they choose the name for the trucks. Fortunately for me they always need some care since they are 50 years old collector trucks. A mix between an aircraft and a Porsche that looks like a brick.
Looks Unimogish!

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Wow I like that truck.;)

Proxule

Ultra Member
Welcome, And oh how jealous I am of you. My dream has always been to own a pinz, or a a volvo C303
Hope you enjoy your stay

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario farmland near Chatham.

Never knew about the vehicle or the critter before. Will either of them pull a plow?