• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Introducing 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I read mention of this on another forum. Looks like its for real. For some people might be worth considering. There are rumor's they are stopping the heavily discounted subscription for EAA .

The 'catch points' if you want to call them that. If you are already used to your CAD files being stored on the cloud (ie. confined to cloud for all practical purposes, digitally marked, potentially encrypted at some point if the Marketing Dept. ever changes its mind... etc.) then it may be familiar territory.

6. What’s the difference between SOLIDWORKS Desktop and 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS?
3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS has the same awesome, industry-leading functionality , features, and tools as desktop SOLIDWORKS Professional, but it leverages cloud data management. You can save all your design data to our secure cloud and easily share and connect with other makers. Please note, commercial products and Add-Ins are not supported or included with this version of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers.

7. Are my files or data restricted at all?
Files and data created with your Maker account are digitally watermarked and can only be opened up in another Maker platform. You cannot open up files created with your Maker account within a commercial or academic platform. This digital watermark is added to native 3D file formats, such as .3dxml, .sldprt, .sldasm, and .slddrw. Neutral 3D file formats, such as .stp or .iges can be opened on any platform.