• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Induma 1S mill

KeeponDragon

Super User
It looks just like this guy
Hello folks,
So I have a line on an Induma 1S. The gent selling it, got it from a machine shop up north. It currently runs on a 3hp, 3phase motor. Everything works, it runs R8 tool holding, and I can get it for a good price because he's needing to clear out some room in his shop for an even larger mill.
Before I cash in a chunk of my banked hours, does anyone here have good or bad to say on the brand itself?
For the price he gave me, I know there is no included tooling. But I'm ok with that.
It is what it is right?

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Hello folks,
So I have a line on an Induma 1S. The gent selling it, got it from a machine shop up north. It currently runs on a 3hp, 3phase motor. Everything works, it runs R8 tool holding, and I can get it for a good price because he's needing to clear out some room in his shop for an even larger mill.
Before I cash in a chunk of my banked hours, does anyone here have good or bad to say on the brand itself?
For the price he gave me, I know there is no included tooling. But I'm ok with that.
It is what it is right?
Is that the one for $600?

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Hello folks,
It is what it is right?
Italian Bridgeport clone but the parts are not interchangeable... it is rarer in canada and no longer made so parts could be issue unless you can make every part.

KeeponDragon

Super User
Italian Bridgeport clone but the parts are not interchangeable... it is rarer in canada and no longer made so parts could be issue unless you can make every part.
yeah, that is the one drawback for sure, that parts aren't available. According to the wiki I read, they were built between the mid 50's to the late 70's.
As for making every part I'll need, that could be tricky lol. The gent selling it happens to be mechanical engineer and a machinist. He owns a local crane company. Austrian fellow, dry sense of humour. But he seems willing to help me learn the ins n outs of the mill when time allows. I believe he's owned it for at least 10 years. And it's seen only occasional use.

On a side note, this guys machine collection is insane. Besides the Induma and the larger name unknown mill, he has two, huge, vertical line bore drills, the small one weighs 4 n half tons. He has 2 lathes in the shop, 3 more outside in storage. Never saw a drill bit that was over 3" either, with a Morse 5 taper...it looked like it'd hog the arse out of a CAT C15 block...his shop is overrun with material and parts and tooling...oh I forgot the 3 or 4 mm capacity shear, which is the small one. The bigger unit clips up to 10mm...
This guy just prefers to make as many of his own parts as possible for his cranes. GWIL, Liebherr, he hates ordering from them lol. So he has my respect on that.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
yeah, that is the one drawback for sure, that parts aren't available. According to the wiki I read, they were built between the mid 50's to the late 70's.
As for making every part I'll need, that could be tricky lol. The gent selling it happens to be mechanical engineer and a machinist. He owns a local crane company. Austrian fellow, dry sense of humour. But he seems willing to help me learn the ins n outs of the mill when time allows. I believe he's owned it for at least 10 years. And it's seen only occasional use.

On a side note, this guys machine collection is insane. Besides the Induma and the larger name unknown mill, he has two, huge, vertical line bore drills, the small one weighs 4 n half tons. He has 2 lathes in the shop, 3 more outside in storage. Never saw a drill bit that was over 3" either, with a Morse 5 taper...it looked like it'd hog the arse out of a CAT C15 block...his shop is overrun with material and parts and tooling...oh I forgot the 3 or 4 mm capacity shear, which is the small one. The bigger unit clips up to 10mm...
This guy just prefers to make as many of his own parts as possible for his cranes. GWIL, Liebherr, he hates ordering from them lol. So he has my respect on that.
wow two Idumas for sale in the same week...

may we all aspire to make our own crane parts...

KeeponDragon

Super User
UPDATE...the deal has been agreed to. :)
Once I'm closer to it being in my shop, it'll be a crazy day or two of shuffling all my equipment out of the way. o_O
Because of course I want it in the very rearmost of the shop :rolleyes:
But also because that's where the panel is.
I've already started looking for a VFD, that way I don't have to replace the 3 ph motor on it. There's definitely a lot to parse through on that
I'm stoked for this.