• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

INDEXING HEAD, $500, Edmonton, AB

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
0a54c2ce-8137-4a83-8fae-d0815a735bfa

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It was part of another machine - it has a connector for it.

It is probably in the 100 lbs range - I have similar dividing head for my K&T #2.

trevj

Ultra Member
It was part of another machine - it has a connector for it.

It is probably in the 100 lbs range - I have similar dividing head for my K&T #2.
Input shaft for gears from the table feed screw, to use for doing spiral milling.

Pretty much a standard Universal Dividing Head, lots of outfits made them, and they were pretty close to the same.

Tom O

Ultra Member
This is the one I have it needs a good cleaning inside and out. I was thinking about maybe using it with the 4 th axis.
BFB5A800-DC86-4FE7-9EE7-B8468ABEAA91.jpeg

7F65DEA9-2334-4670-A344-D99B5E898CCE.jpeg

7A09127E-84BF-4375-80B1-256A63DC24A0.jpeg

trevj

Ultra Member
One point worth noting, is that for CNC use, you have to be prepared to lock down the spindle after each move, as there is a little inherit backlash in the worm drive that most CNC Index heads do not suffer, as they use a Harmonic or strain wave gear for the reduction, with essentially zero backlash.

Tom O

Ultra Member
One point worth noting, is that for CNC use, you have to be prepared to lock down the spindle after each move, as there is a little inherit backlash in the worm drive that most CNC Index heads do not suffer, as they use a Harmonic or strain wave gear for the reduction, with essentially zero backlash.

True but on the other hand if I can use it with the 4th axis it would eliminate all the gear train backlash limiting any to just the dividing head.

trevj

Ultra Member
True but on the other hand if I can use it with the 4th axis it would eliminate all the gear train backlash limiting any to just the dividing head.
Not sure I am following your idea of using it 'with' the fourth axis. Mind explaining?

Not really wrapping my head around how you would come out ahead, using a Universal dividing head along with a CNC rotary that is already easier and faster to operate for indexing operations.