in need of steel tubing

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I had a steel supplier suggest these guys below might be ok. I haven't tried calling them yet. @alman it would be great if you could relay your experience on sourcing this - I also would like thin wall tubing without paying $100/lb.

Reliable Tube Ltd  
Steel distributor in Calgary, Alberta
Address: 4885 36 St SE, Calgary, AB T2B 3N2
Phone: (403) 236-7800

alman

Hey all
I am in desperate need of 1.250 x ,065 wall steel tube, , , any ideas where ????
need in small sections 6" or so an upto 16" pieces, , ,
msg me here or crosby_a@hotmail.com or 403 899 2237

ADDER: looking for a total of 4 feet or so, have to re design an exhaust system on my utility tractor, RAMROD 950 unless someone out there has an exhaust muffler for a KOHLER LH755 Ageis 27 HP engine, ,

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Oh for exhaust. Well I have an odd idea how about electrical EMT. It's 0.065" wall thickness. Hardware store. If you choose that it's galvanized so DO NOT weld until you get the zinc coating off outside and in. There's a couple posts in here on removing zinc. You could die from welding zinc and people have so seriously do your research and be careful. EMT Is pretty cheap too.

alman

Oh for exhaust. Well I have an odd idea how about electrical EMT. It's 0.065" wall thickness. Hardware store. If you choose that it's galvanized so DO NOT weld until you get the zinc coating off outside and in. There's a couple posts in here on removing zinc. You could die from welding zinc and people have so seriously do your research and be careful. EMT Is pretty cheap too.
ola ! been welding for 20 some years, , , been there done that with galvanized, , , I wear full respirator an weld that shit outside, , hoping to NOT have to use as the heat from the exhaust will definitely react with the galv an start to release the toxin agent fairly quick, , option is to let engine run a while till it burns off, HOWEVER, then the composition changes and its metallurgical properties as well, , ,

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Oh good. Just posting the safety stuff since most of us are casual and don't know. Metal super market would have what you need. Be prepared to pay. You probably know all this...

alman

Oh good. Just posting the safety stuff since most of us are casual and don't know. Metal super market would have what you need. Be prepared to pay. You probably know all this...
You bet, , , many peeps are not aware of the dangers with welding certain metals an compounds !
Metal supermarket is over twice the price of anyone PLUS 15%, , , avoid at all costs unless no other option, , ,