Import surface grinding wheel adapters

kylemp

Any of you who have a surface grinder have probably already figured out that the balanceable wheel hubs are fairly pricey. With my old grinder I only had one, and the new one only came with one as well. At first I considered making more as most of the ones you find are outrageously priced in my opinion, which was an option until I stumbled onto the first search phrase on aliexpress. I figured I'd give it a shot for the price they wanted ($35) and ordered one just to see. It showed up yesterday and when I opened it up I was pretty impressed.
20191031_141801.jpg 20191031_141823.jpg 20191031_141840.jpg
Today I had the chance to check its fit, I cleaned up the grinder spindle taper and used blue sharpie (not the BEST way to check it, but I don't want to become a smurf over this) and it appears to fit damn near perfect. I check the runout as well on the face, it's within 0.001", and even the concentricity is within about the same.
20191101_134459.jpg 20191101_134527.jpg
Link to the supplier, I anticipate I'll be ordering another 3 or 4.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32267823046.html

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
$35...how many hours of machining to make one of those? They must be paying them $1/hour. I suppose if you make a 1000 at a time.

kylemp

$35...how many hours of machining to make one of those? They must be paying them $1/hour. I suppose if you make a 1000 at a time.
$35 WITH shipping. It's pretty unbelievable how cheap they're able to produce things. The steel is soft for sure, I'd like to be able to find out what exactly its metallurgy is.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Nice that looks like it will be great. There is something to be learned here. Like it or not someone will always do it cheaper. That is a great deal if it works ok.