• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

I think I sold my last machine !

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
I've been holding onto my Bridgeport Series 1 for some time now hesitent to let her go . I think I sold it today along with some other things . If this goes , I'm loading up tooling , tools and accessories soon . It'll pay for my next trip up to Calgary next year . :):cool:

How did you retire to Falstrom, MD ?
Did your career take you there ?
Just asking …

I live in Fallston Md . My son lived in Toronto and moved to Calgary 2 years ago close to Dabbler . We visit every year for a month .

Last time I met someone from Maryland I was talking to a guy while waiting for a flight at Montreal “Trudeau” Airport. He was on his way back after spending an exchange term at Western University in London, Ontario.
We had a good conversation while waiting for our flights, so much so that we soon got to the topic of his accommodations and he explained the family that he stayed with near London, I soon put together that he was staying with my 2nd cousins in Thamesford.

My relatives worked at Kellogg’s in London for 30 years while it was the most technologically
advanced cereal production plant in North America. The plant was the perfect place to test and develop new processes and products before bringing them to larger markets across North America.

Hope you get out to a few nice places around Calgary and along the Bow River.

Back